Heyman: Dodgers interested in Britton

Luke-OH

2 minutes ago, Cumberbundy said:

Brach-aroni & cheese just crushed the plan. ?

Eh, hes being forced into the closer role. Put him on an elite team in the 7th/8th inning and he's a damn good RP. He'll fetch a very solid return.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, ISU94 said:

Eh, hes being forced into the closer role. Put him on an elite team in the 7th/8th inning and he's a damn good RP. He'll fetch a very solid return.

Of course he is, but it's an atrocious first game back. Givens trade value is going up with each outing. Givens, Britton, Sisco for Sotto, Robles, Fedde. 

6 minutes ago, Cumberbundy said:

Of course he is, but it's an atrocious first game back. Givens trade value is going up with each outing. Givens, Britton, Sisco for Sotto, Robles, Fedde. 

Yuck...why would we ever do that?

Plus, trades like that never happen. 

18 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

Britton is a shut down closer and Chapman would be the comp not Miller. Sorry if it spoils your argument and in addition over the last few years Britton has been slightly better. In addition, Britton carries an extra year of control over the other two. 

In regards to health, history says that if a player returns to form and has no problems, teams will get concerned about his health now. It was a forearm strain and he's had several tests to look at the elbow and confirm such. So if he's dominant over the next few weeks no one is going to care about the earlier DL stint.

Bottom line is how bad do the Dodgers Want to win the WS? They've inquired and surely know Britton won't be cheap.

on the Orioles side, I doubt the Orioles will have interest in Calhoun if he's a poor fielding infielder or mediocre in the corner outfield.

The Orioles will be looking for starters and at very least get one if not both and I'd be surprised if it's not both Alvarez and Buehler. 

Chapman got 4 pretty good players with Torres as the centerpiece for two months. The Orioles asking price will start above that based on my opinion.

It should be the two pitchers mentioned with Heredia and White as two lower guys. Probably those 4 and a swop out for Calhoun. As I said if Calhoun is destined to be a mediocre defensive corner outfielder the Os are probably not interested. They have  Mancini already stuck at corner outfield because he's blocked by Davis at 1B and Jones will likely be moved to a corner eventually if they keep him, in addition they have Mullins and Hays among their best position prospects. Also Sisco doesn't look at that likely to stick at catcher due to his arm. So a position change to where else but corner outfield.

Fair to respond that  my thoughts are light but I did get quite the chuckle at Buehler/Alvarez/Heredia/White.   I had no clue that Britton was holder of the WS ring! If it were only so easy. 

Just seeing the FO with Hamels/Price/Chapman etc "being the missing piece to a WS" I don't see Buehler being included. See, the Dodgers farm is so deep I forgot about high-cieling names like White and Heredia  Those are 2 other good names for a discussion. 

If I'm the O's I think I'd be able to extract a lot more from the Nats than from the Dodgers. Nats have shown a greater propensity to deal top prospects and their need for a closer is greater. But I'd milk the Dodgers as a potential destination to get as much as I could from the Nats. 

3 minutes ago, Hotdiggity said:

Fair to respond that  my thoughts are light but I did get quite the chuckle at Buehler/Alvarez/Heredia/White.   I had no clue that Britton was holder of the WS ring! If it were only so easy. 

Just seeing the FO with Hamels/Price/Chapman etc "being the missing piece to a WS" I don't see Buehler being included. See, the Dodgers farm is so deep I forgot about high-cieling names like White and Heredia  Those are 2 other good names for a discussion. 

With your current closer and Britton games would be over after six innings some nights. 

I wont respond to the chuckle remark on the stupid World Series ring comment.

im just comparing value from the Chapman deal and the extra year of control. Why don't we keep it at that rather than all the BS?

heres what prospectus had to say about Buehler and Alvarez.

Buehler

Why He Might Fail: His frame and mechanics don’t exactly scream “this is a safe starting pitching prospect.” He has been healthy for only the last ten months. I’m not going to overuse “also, he’s a pitcher” on this list, but it feels appropriate here at least.

Alvarez

Why He Might Fail: The control and command are loose enough, and the changeup far away enough that he might not be a starter if it one or more of those aspects don’t take a significant step forward.

so one guy looks like an arm injury waiting to happen and the other is likely to get a two pitch reliever.

as I said , half of the players will end up not being much. 

9 minutes ago, Hotdiggity said:

If I'm the O's I think I'd be able to extract a lot more from the Nats than from the Dodgers. Nats have shown a greater propensity to deal top prospects and their need for a closer is greater. But I'd milk the Dodgers as a potential destination to get as much as I could from the Nats. 

So here's how little you know about the situation ....there's almost no chance the Os trade with the Gnats as long as Peter Angelos is the owner.

1 minute ago, Roll Tide said:

With your current closer and Britton games would be over after six innings some nights. 

I wont respond to the chuckle remark on the stupid World Series ring comment.

im just comparing value from the Chapman deal and the extra year of control. Why don't we keep it at that rather than all the BS?

heres what prospectus had to say about Buehler and Alvarez.

Buehler

Why He Might Fail: His frame and mechanics don’t exactly scream “this is a safe starting pitching prospect.” He has been healthy for only the last ten months. I’m not going to overuse “also, he’s a pitcher” on this list, but it feels appropriate here at least.

Alvarez

Why He Might Fail: The control and command are loose enough, and the changeup far away enough that he might not be a starter if it one or more of those aspects don’t take a significant step forward.

so one guy looks like an arm injury waiting to happen and the other is likely to get a two pitch reliever.

as I said , half of the players will end up not being much. 

Funny you don't mention the 1/2 for each of Alvarez and Buehler on "why they may succeed" or for Britton "why he might fail: multiple forearm injuries result in TJ". Look, I don't care much to get into an argument. I think the O's should get what they feel they deserve for Britton if he gets moved. Just seeing the Dodgers FO at work, I find it really hard to see Buehler being included in a deal. 

3 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

So here's how little you know about the situation ....there's almost no chance the Os trade with the Gnats as long as Peter Angelos is the owner.

I know more than you think, but I did witness the Kemp trade go down with San Diego, so to me anything is possible. And it's the team with the biggest need with top line prospects and on the other side the best reliever on the market (if healthy). 

2 minutes ago, Hotdiggity said:

Funny you don't mention the 1/2 for each of Alvarez and Buehler on "why they may succeed" or for Britton "why he might fail: multiple forearm injuries result in TJ". Look, I don't care much to get into an argument. I think the O's should get what they feel they deserve for Britton if he gets moved. Just seeing the Dodgers FO at work, I find it really hard to see Buehler being included in a deal. 

No it's not funny, the other half is why they are on the list to begin with.   Sure the medical son Britton are sure to be involved. With the Os approach to medicals Britton has been looked over to an extreme. 

You may be right and Buehler not be traded. I'm certain the price for Britton if he's traded will be astronomical. Will the Dodgers pay it? Only  time will tell.

6 minutes ago, Hotdiggity said:

I know more than you think, but I did witness the Kemp trade go down with San Diego, so to me anything is possible. And it's the team with the biggest need with top line prospects and on the other side the best reliever on the market (if healthy). 

And one of the worst owners in baseball besides Loria. Under Angelos the Orioles are cheap on scouting, and minor league operations. In addition they will not invest in international talent and trade their slots away for little.  So despite what you know about San Diego, Peter  and his ongoing legal battle with Nationals ownership over tv right values is not happening there.

4 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Cubs look like they could really use help in their bullpen.  What would be a reasonable return for a Britton trade with the Cubs?

That's a had one considering how much they've already tradec away. Not sure I want Duquette negotiating with Epstein.

16 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

That's a had one considering how much they've already tradec away. Not sure I want Duquette negotiating with Epstein.

It amazes me how much talent Epstein was able to build. He basically internally fields a WS calibur team AND has the talent to acquire Chapman/Quintana/Davis when he wants to. 

So you're afraid of DD dealing with Epstein but not Friedman/Zaidi? If I'm an O's fan I'd be kind of worried the '66 trophy gets thrown in the deal. 

Archived