Heyman: Dodgers interested in Britton

Luke-OH

2 hours ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Cubs look like they could really use help in their bullpen.  What would be a reasonable return for a Britton trade with the Cubs?

Cubs have a top 10 bullpen, they're looking for a lefty reliever and that's about it.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

btw, some of these Buehler,Yadier,Calhoun,White etc suggestions are just bizarre. I mean you realize that's more than even the Sox got for Chris Sale right? Quit trying to judge the value of a reliever trade based on what a team that hadn't won in over 100 years did in desperation to finally win. No one else is going to do that, no one else has that pressure.

10 minutes ago, Tryptamine said:

btw, some of these Buehler,Yadier,Calhoun,White etc suggestions are just bizarre. I mean you realize that's more than even the Sox got for Chris Sale right? Quit trying to judge the value of a reliever trade based on what a team that hadn't won in over 100 years did in desperation to finally win. No one else is going to do that, no one else has that pressure.

No one is comparing our deal that we should get to what the Cubs got. The Cubs got one elite prospect and a couple decent prospects...

Plus, Aroldis was expiring. Britton has yet another year of control. I would hope we'd get more than what the Cubs got for a 2-3 month rental.

4 hours ago, Tryptamine said:

The comp was based on Chapman and the extra of control over Britton. Plus the facts that most of the players mentioned are still 2+ years out.

Calhoun is the only player ready and according to the Dodgers poster he can't field a lick and is destined for a move to corner outfield. I can't see how he'd be a match as we have our share of that type of guy already.

Read that dam thread before you go trolling.

3 hours ago, ISU94 said:

No one is comparing our deal that we should get to what the Cubs got. The Cubs got one elite prospect and a couple decent prospects...

Plus, Aroldis was expiring. Britton has yet another year of control. I would hope we'd get more than what the Cubs got for a 2-3 month rental.

Yeah, I don't feel like it's fair to use that deal as a base for trade discussions.

Other teams wouldn't use the Chris Davis deal as a base for free agent contract discussions so why should a gross overpay be our base for discussions on a Britton trade?

The recent injury history and 1.60 WHIP in limited innings won't be overlooked either. Don't get me wrong, I'd still expect a nice return for Britton and Brach too but we need to temper our expectations. 

8 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

Yeah, I don't feel like it's fair to use that deal as a base for trade discussions.

Other teams wouldn't use the Chris Davis deal as a base for free agent contract discussions so why should a gross overpay be our base for discussions on a Britton trade?

The recent injury history and 1.60 WHIP in limited innings won't be overlooked either. Don't get me wrong, I'd still expect a nice return for Britton and Brach too but we need to temper our expectations. 

I agree that there will be considerations ...but for Britton they are one in the same. The WHIP is inflated because he was pitching with pain. 

We have seen players come off the disabled list year after year before the deadline. As long as they proved to be healthy they were dealt for good hauls.

if Britton pitches like himself for the next three weeks the Orioles will have no trouble getting full value. 

As for Brach his value is high and just not as a closer imo. Getting what the Yankees got for Miller should be the ballpark. Miller wasn't traded to be a closer, Just dominant in the later innings of a game.

1 hour ago, Roll Tide said:

The comp was based on Chapman and the extra of control over Britton. Plus the facts that most of the players mentioned are still 2+ years out.

Calhoun is the only player ready and according to the Dodgers poster he can't field a lick and is destined for a move to corner outfield. I can't see how he'd be a match as we have our share of that type of guy already.

Read that dam thread before you go trolling.

I've read every word you said and just because I don't agree with you doesn't make me a troll. I am well aware it you were referring to the Chapman deal as I mentioned it in my previous post too. What you don't seem to get is that you're throwing out a package of talent that is larger than the package a top 5 pitcher in the game got who was under control longer and cheaper than Britton. Point to the Chapman deal all you want, there were extreme one time circumstances that allowed that trade to happen.

4 minutes ago, Tryptamine said:

I've read every word you said and just because I don't agree with you doesn't make me a troll. I am well aware it you were referring to the Chapman deal as I mentioned it in my previous post too. What you don't seem to get is that you're throwing out a package of talent that is larger than the package a top 5 pitcher in the game got who was under control longer and cheaper than Britton. Point to the Chapman deal all you want, there were extreme one time circumstances that allowed that trade to happen.

Wait, maybe I'm jumping in this without full context, but are you saying Quintana is a top 5 pitcher?

Archived