Teams that could/should be interested in Britton

Roll Tide

10 minutes ago, ISU94 said:

No, Britton isn't getting a high impact mlb piece that is proven. He is getting a package of prospects. Some of those guys he listed should be guys we're targeting. If we're rebuilding, we're building for the future and trying to improve our farm system so in a year/two years/three years down the road we are funneling in young players who have a chance to be the future of this franchise. Guys like Albertos and Parades have a chance to be that. The top prospects in the game were once 18 and not considered top 50 you know, so getting guys like that or Starling Heredia from LAD would be great gets...just not as a centerpiece.

The Orioles shouldn't acquire an 18-year-old in any potential ZB trade unless he's essentially the fourth guy.

This has nothing to do with shortening the window of rebuilding. It has everything to do with players that young just being absolute throws of the dart.

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, FlipTheBird said:

The Orioles shouldn't acquire an 18-year-old in any potential ZB trade unless he's essentially the fourth guy.

This has nothing to do with shortening the window of rebuilding. It has everything to do with players that young just being absolute throws of the dart.

Agree to disagree. You aren't getting multiple stud AA/AAA guys who are almost ready for the show for Britton. You just aren't. At best we get two guys in that range who are highly regarded. Again, I haven't said once we should deal Britton for a headliner being an 18 yr old that hasn't established himself as a top prospect yet, I'm saying us shutting the door on a guy like that being involved in the deal (not the main piece or even the 2nd main piece tbh) is not smart imo.

I'm surprised how adamantly people are against 18 year olds but many here are clamoring for guys like Yadier Alvarez who carries a huge amount of risk. Kyle Glaser from Baseball America said this

Yadier Alvarez actually there is very, very serious doubts he ever starts a game in the majors. As in, after speaking with a half dozen evaluators I can’t find a single one who thinks he will. Neftali Feliz is the common comp for him. Electric arm, but slider is shoddy, command is poor and there is no usable third pitch that exists. The expectation is Alvarez becomes a future closer

Then there's Willie Calhoun who is 50/50 LF or DH with 2B completely out of the question. Again, Kyle Glaser from BA Hot Sheet Chat

Kyle Glaser: Calhoun’s defense is not playable at second base. That remains consistent from every person in the baseball world, including those in his own organization. But he has been playable in left field in limited looks there. Not good, but playable. That’s where he will have to be.

13 hours ago, Cumberbundy said:

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/242685644/zach-britton-trade-would-return-big-talent/

4 trade packages for Britton. That may be in this thread already but I hadn't seen it.

So the guy is using a list from this year since it has Buehler at 78.

So really something like I suggested really isn't that out of the ballpark. I assume that he did the same thing when comparing the the Yankees deal. Plus again Britton gives one more year of control and there seems to be 4 teams bidding.

Alvarez. #22/#2 ,  Buehler #78/#7,  Heredia NR/17, and one of Stewart/White NR/ 13 or 14

Key top 100/ Team prospect rank

1 hour ago, FlipTheBird said:

The Dodgers are the ideal fit because they've got the talent and the cash. The Rays have some very attractive players, too, but would almost assuredly be reluctant to take on whatever Zach's going to make next year.

I don't mind some of the proposed Astros trades, either.

They would flip Britton in the offseason to somewhere else.

7 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I agree. Dodgers are the best fit. They just have too many top guys. The Cubs fired their bullets. The Britton we saw tonight gets you Buehler and Verdugo. 

Exactly. And if you are the Dodgers, you are willing to give up a ransom for him because he in game seven of the world series you could have four innings covered by Britton and Jensen. Bottom line he is the biggest impact player for the playoffs available--especially if he is going to be used like Miller.

7 hours ago, Tryptamine said:

I'm surprised how adamantly people are against 18 year olds but many here are clamoring for guys like Yadier Alvarez who carries a huge amount of risk. Kyle Glaser from Baseball America said this

Then there's Willie Calhoun who is 50/50 LF or DH with 2B completely out of the question. Again, Kyle Glaser from BA Hot Sheet Chat

I haven't advocated for Alvarez. If we cut a deal with the Dodgers, it has to start with Verdugo or Buehler.

7 hours ago, ISU94 said:

Agree to disagree. You aren't getting multiple stud AA/AAA guys who are almost ready for the show for Britton. You just aren't. At best we get two guys in that range who are highly regarded. Again, I haven't said once we should deal Britton for a headliner being an 18 yr old that hasn't established himself as a top prospect yet, I'm saying us shutting the door on a guy like that being involved in the deal (not the main piece or even the 2nd main piece tbh) is not smart imo.

So you take those two and call it a deal.

9 minutes ago, Diehard_O's_Fan said:

The Yankees got Clint Frazier for Chapman. The Orioles can do this good if not better. Zach Britton is also not a rental like Chapman. Come on guys! The Orioles need some high impact guys. Not some 18 year old question mark.

Don't worry man.  There's no rush.  We're in the driver's seat with this one.  Right now the top teams are in that period of good feelings coming off the ASB.  11 days till the deadline, teams are really scoreboard watching, teams are buying, wait till some blown leads/saves happen.  

I think the Dodgers are ready to give us a haul for Britton, but let a team get into a bidding war with them, the dodgers will then really blow us away and get Britton.  

Root for the Nats, LAD, Cubs, and BOS to blow some leads.  

I just read on MLB trade rumors that the Dodgers are not willing to part with their top prospects. I can't help but wonder if most of the high impact young players are gone after all the white sox deals. Are their still lots of good young players left to be had? I want a guy like Clint Frazier if not better. I don't know if the Nationals have any impact players left.

11 minutes ago, Diehard_O's_Fan said:

I just read on MLB trade rumors that the Dodgers are not willing to part with their top prospects. I can't help but wonder if most of the high impact young players are gone after all the white sox deals. Are their still lots of good young players left to be had? I want a guy like Clint Frazier if not better. I don't know if the Nationals have any impact players left.

It says the Dodgers don't want to trade Verdugo or Buehler. Not that they've patently refused to.

And, sure, there are other teams with appealing names. The Astros. The Rays. The Cubs are probably in the conversation, though I'm not sure they've got the assets.

Archived