Teams that could/should be interested in Britton

Roll Tide

5 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

"Reluctant to Include Buehler, Alvarez , or Verdugo"

GM talk track stuff from the other side. Get one .....

Buehler and 2-3 of their guys that are not in the top 100. 

Well of course they should be reluctant. I wouldn't want to trade one of those guys, either. But they know they'll have to pay to play.

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, FlipTheBird said:

Well of course they should be reluctant. I wouldn't want to trade one of those guys, either. But they know they'll have to pay to play.

I suspect the player they would like to dump is Alvarez of the three. But based on our history developing they should demand Buehler. He already has the mechanics and control which minimizes the risk.

6 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

"Reluctant to Include Buehler, Alvarez , or Verdugo"

GM talk track stuff from the other side. Get one .....

Buehler and 2-3 of their guys that are not in the top 100. 

Yes, I'm aware of what some of them say publicly, but Britton's health is a reasonable concern affecting their positions.

Just now, Il BuonO said:

Yes, I'm aware of what some of them say publicly, but Britton's health is a reasonable concern affecting their positions.

That's why they have physicals.  I'd be running an Angelos level diagnostic on Britton if I were trading for him.

Just now, Il BuonO said:

Yes ... but it's still public talk. The cost of "legitimate interest" is paying the asking price.

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

That's why they have physicals.  I'd be running an Angelos level diagnostic on Britton if I were trading for him.

1 minute ago, Roll Tide said:

Yes ... but it's still public talk. The cost of "legitimate interest" is paying the asking price.

The "cost" isn't happening.

20 minutes ago, Il BuonO said:

If the attractiveness of the Dodgers top three picks isn't a possibility I see the Orioles keeping Britton.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2017/07/trade-rumors-dodgers-zach-britton-reds-raisel-iglesias.html?fv-home=true&post-id=97628

Why would they say anything different? All three of those prospects are top 25 types with high upside, two of which are close. I'd be reluctant to deal them too.

Doesn't mean if it's between getting Britton and passing they don't include one or possibly even two (not as likely to get two imo) to get an elite RP like Britton. Come playoff time you have him in the 8th and Jansen in the 9th and it's game over.

Just now, ISU94 said:

Why would they say anything different? All three of those prospects are top 25 types with high upside, two of which are close. I'd be reluctant to deal them too.

Doesn't mean if it's between getting Britton and passing they don't include one or possibly even two (not as likely to get two imo) to get an elite RP like Britton. Come playoff time you have him in the 8th and Jansen in the 9th and it's game over.

Right, but in this case there has to be a legitimate concern for Britton's health with any deal. 

Just now, Il BuonO said:

Right, but in this case there has to be a legitimate concern for Britton's health with any deal. 

Well, he looks just fine to me and just like good old Britton. If he doesn't pass the physical it doesn't happen, but I see no reason to be worried about that. If they want to lowball early on right now then we wait them out til the deadline when it's either get an elite RP or go into the postseason with what you have.

27 minutes ago, Il BuonO said:

If the attractiveness of the Dodgers top three picks isn't a possibility I see the Orioles keeping Britton.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2017/07/trade-rumors-dodgers-zach-britton-reds-raisel-iglesias.html?fv-home=true&post-id=97628

I agree.  I don't see keeping Britton as the worst alternative here.  If the Orioles don't receive at least a Miller/Chapman offer, keeping him isn't a bad way to go, IMO.  Taking less in some type of panic-driven sell off would be a huge mistake.  I am far less concerned with when any possible trade takes place than what the return is.  If that means waiting until the off-season, that's OK by me.

5 minutes ago, Number5 said:

I agree.  I don't see keeping Britton as the worst alternative here.  If the Orioles don't receive at least a Miller/Chapman offer, keeping him isn't a bad way to go, IMO.  Taking less in some type of panic-driven sell off would be a huge mistake.  I am far less concerned with when any possible trade takes place than what the return is.  If that means waiting until the off-season, that's OK by me.

And if they go into next season with him?

My concern is if they don't trade him now they will effectively take him off the market during the offseason.

2 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

I suspect the player they would like to dump is Alvarez of the three. But based on our history developing they should demand Buehler. He already has the mechanics and control which minimizes the risk.

The Dodgers seem most willing to trade Alvarez and Calhoun from all that I have read.  They seem like the most questionable pieces moving forward too.

Alvarez has control problems and many scouts seem to doubt his ability to start and think at best he will be a power reliever.   I do not want this guy as a primary piece.  Seems unlikely to reach his potential.

Calhoun hits but has no glove.  We have enough DH types.

One of Mueller or Verdugo are a must to me. Brock Stewart or Dennis Santana as a second piece.  Fill out with Keibert Ruiz and Sborz and you have my attention.

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

And if they go into next season with him?

My concern is if they don't trade him now they will effectively take him of the market during the offseason.

I'm not opposed to trading Britton.  Not at all.  I'm opposed to giving him away for below what we should get.  Much better to keep him than sell short, IMO.

Archived