Teams that could/should be interested in Britton

Roll Tide

5 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Dream scenario for the O's,

Britton to LAD for Alvarez, Buehler, and Calhoun

Brach, Castillo, Smith and $$$$ to TB for Honeywell

O'day to Wash for Voth and Luis Garcia

Castillo and Smith make sense for the Rays, I'm not just giving them junk.  I don't like the Nats farm system for Brach or Britton.  Fedde is 24 and struggling in AA.  

Honeywell ♥️

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, PaulFolk said:

The Orioles aren't going to trade three of their veterans and get only one minor league player in return. Not going to happen. I know Honeywell is pretty highly touted, but it's just not realistic.

TB wouldn't do it. That deal would almost make up for the others. 

Just now, VeveJones007 said:

No, just someone who's been paying attention to how the organization operates.

How is that?

We've sold before. Koji, Sherrill, Bedard, etc.

We've been competing the last few years so obviously we bought. This year our pitching is the worst in the majors and its not close. Not sure what keeping relievers that are short term options does for us. Maybe they won't move, I'd be VERY disappointed, but the only way I see that as possible is if we either win every game from now until the deadline (even if so, too small of sample size and it'd be stupid to compete) or if we get low-balled on them and we wait til the winter (also unlikely as this is when teams are desperate for good back of pen arms.

8 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

We can do better for Britton anyway. My tin foil hat says we let the scouts see Brach close tonight. 

Robles is likely by far the best prospect we can get in any deal. If we could get him in a deal for Britton it would be amazing.

8 minutes ago, ISU94 said:

Robles is likely by far the best prospect we can get in any deal. If we could get him in a deal for Britton it would be amazing.

That Nats have already addressed their bullpen and wouldn't likely be dealing with us regardless because of the MASN conflict. 

24 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

That Nats have already addressed their bullpen and wouldn't likely be dealing with us regardless because of the MASN conflict. 

Madson and Doolittle aren't closer pieces for a team trying for the WS. Heyman just tweeted tonight that they're still looking for a 9th inning guy.

Archived