Deadline Deal Orioles Mega-Thread

weams

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Diehard_O's_Fan said:

I know Kevin's value is low. Way to state the obvious. You make the Rockies over pay if they covet him so bad. Kevin won't be a free agent for several more years. That makes him more valuable right there.

I don't see any indication that the Rockies "covet him so bad."

5 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Looks like its,

NYY- Frazier, Robertson, Kahlne

CWS- Clippard, Rutherford, Clarkin and possibly one more piece. 

Hearing they are waiting for the CWS and NYY games to be over to officially announce it. 

Why are they taking on Clippard? He's been awful all year. 

1 minute ago, MDK02 said:

Why are they taking on Clippard He's been awful all year. 

Replace the bullpen innings of Robertson and Kahnle, I would guess.  

And the Yankees might have insisted, as they don't have room in the pen for Clippard with the two new arms coming in.

Wonder if putting Britton meant anything more than keeping him on a schedule tonight. 12-1 game and he gets put out there? Hope it was a showcase for a couple teams that wanted to see something.

If it was for other teams, couldn't have asked for a much better outing. Looking like good ole' Zach.

6 minutes ago, MDK02 said:

Why are they taking on Clippard? He's been awful all year. 

They'll try and flip Clippard at the deadline.  Pay all his remaining salary and try and get something.  Whether it's in July or August.  The Yanks insisted he be in the deal because they had no spot for him.  Seems like the type of arm that a team like Minnesota could try and get in August.  

4 minutes ago, Orioles1954 said:

Bruce Cunningham on Channel 45 just said Duquette has been "given the green light to move major trade pieces."

Britton, Brach, O'day, Smith, Castillo.  Just relievers and expiring contracts.  

I think we play this out and let and see where we're at on July 30th, 31st.  We might not be as out of it as we think and we could get bidding wars going for Britton and Brach.  

5 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Britton, Brach, O'day, Smith, Castillo.  Just relievers and expiring contracts.  

I think we play this out and let and see where we're at on July 30th, 31st.  We might not be as out of it as we think and we could get bidding wars going for Britton and Brach.  

I'm OK with that. Move Givens to closer and use the savings to pay Machado. 

12 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

They'll try and flip Clippard at the deadline.  Pay all his remaining salary and try and get something.  Whether it's in July or August.  The Yanks insisted he be in the deal because they had no spot for him.  Seems like the type of arm that a team like Minnesota could try and get in August.  

White Sox should just make the Yankees play Clippard's salary and use him to eat up innings.  White Sox are in tank mode anyways. 

Any playoff contender that trades for Clippard is going to watch him sink their season. 

Archived