• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Smith- 100% traded

Castillo- 60%

Brach- 10%

Britton- 10%

As fans the best thing to root for is that Gausman, Bundy, and at least one of the AAA guys pitch well in a SP role down the stretch. It's looking like we're seeing this thing out through 2018. 

I think the O's chance of trading Brach is more like 30-40%.  I agree that the O's won't get what they are looking for in return for Britton.  I think maybe teams are offering as much for Brach as they are for Britton due to longer control and less salary.

8 hours ago, MDtransplant757 said:

Colorado could use a catcher. Wolters is ok with the bat, but apparently a tire fire at defense. Castillo could be in colorado. Same with Smith. 

Smith makes no sense on Colorado. Between the ML roster and AAA they probably have 1/2 a dozen OFs who are better than him. The best fit for Smith would be the Nationals. 

8 hours ago, MDtransplant757 said:

Colorado could use a catcher. Wolters is ok with the bat, but apparently a tire fire at defense. Castillo could be in colorado. Same with Smith. 

These are just a handful of articles that popped up when I googled "Wolters" and "defensive". So you meant "tire fire" as a compliment then? 

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/187091692/tony-wolters-among-best-defensive-catchers/

http://m.mlb.com/cutfour/2017/04/16/224746428/watch-tony-wolters-amazing-play

http://bsndenver.com/tony-wolters-a-defensive-mastermind-behind-the-plate/

People are going to look at this trade deadline and say DD should have done more, but when you break down each player it's complicated. 

Smith- will be traded. LH OF with a .800 OPS+ and some pop. Bad defensively. 

Castillo- .750 OPS, but tons of passed balls and some pitch calling question marks. Plus he has an 8 million option for next year that he could exercise. The option is a negative and not a positive. 

Brach- seems like he's underrated by the trade guru's so who knows. I think GM's know his value and he would garner a "fair" return?  Would DD trade him if he doesn't get his socks knocked off?  I think he stays. 

Britton- we want a chapman/Miller package and Britton has struggled some. I don't think we get that package. So I don't think he goes. 

Why just make trades to trade them for anything?  That's a conversation for next year at this same time. 

There is a big difference between value of Neshek and Britton.  Both are nice quality back end pitchers.  However Neshek is owed about 2.5 million this season and is a free agent this off season.  Brach is owed about 1.2 million this year so half of what Neshek is owed plus has an additional year left with maybe a salary of 5-6 million. 

19 minutes ago, Tryptamine said:

Beane needs to hurry up and Trade Gray, that's holding this whole trade market up.

What if Oakland decides to keep him?  They have plenty of time to trade, or (and I know this sounds crazy) try to compete.

1 minute ago, backwardsk said:

What if Oakland decides to keep him?  They have plenty of time to trade, or (and I know this sounds crazy) try to compete.

They very well might, but as I see it for Dodgers/Astros/Yankees and maybe even Cubs/Nats, Gray is target A. Once he's gone the other 4 have got to decide lesser starter or  high quality reliever and that's when a whole bunch of other markets open up. I'm super interested in what Darvish's market will be. He got destroyed last night and just has not been good at all lately. I can't imagine anyone part with major pieces, so are the Rangers just going to let him go via FA and take their pick?

4 minutes ago, Tryptamine said:

They very well might, but as I see it for Dodgers/Astros/Yankees and maybe even Cubs/Nats, Gray is target A. Once he's gone the other 4 have got to decide lesser starter or  high quality reliever and that's when a whole bunch of other markets open up. I'm super interested in what Darvish's market will be. He got destroyed last night and just has not been good at all lately. I can't imagine anyone part with major pieces, so are the Rangers just going to let him go via FA and take their pick?

I wouldn't say Darvish has not been good lately.  He's had two awful starts in his last six. (Past month). But the other four were QS with two of them going into the 8th.

He definitely doesn't have as much value as Gray and Quintana because of the years of control.

I think he definitely goes even if Gray stays. (I do think Gray goes, probably to the Yankees with Alonso).

Britton is going nowhere.  There are too many other good pitchers that are in the market that can be had for the same price or cheaper that potentially could give you the same bang.  

The Orioles are looking for a haul for Britton,  When you factor in the chance that he is still injured with the other available options the odds are slim that they get a haul.  And I don't think DD deals him unless he gets close to overwhelmed.  

It's a buyers market out there.

1 hour ago, backwardsk said:

I wouldn't say Darvish has not been good lately.  He's had two awful starts in his last six. (Past month). But the other four were QS with two of them going into the 8th.

He definitely doesn't have as much value as Gray and Quintana because of the years of control.

I think he definitely goes even if Gray stays. (I do think Gray goes, probably to the Yankees with Alonso).

I'm not so sure about Darvish. There were A LOT of teams on his no trade list (including the Orioles). 

5 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Smith- 100% traded

Castillo- 60%

Brach- 10%

Britton- 10%

As fans the best thing to root for is that Gausman, Bundy, and at least one of the AAA guys pitch well in a SP role down the stretch. It's looking like we're seeing this thing out through 2018. 

This all means that we will get nothing back of worth. It really is baffling how poorly the franchise is run. The Yankees and Red Sox are going to be far better than us again next year.

Archived