Deadline Deal Orioles Mega-Thread

weams

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I don't think the 2012 team counts as reasonable. Sure maybe they find a starting pitcher in this weeds while also setting marks in one run games and bullpen wpa.

But it isn't a reasonable expectation.

It was 2 starting pitchers that came out of nowhere right?

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, Lucky_13 said:

Tampa open to move Beckham.

Think Brach could get Beckham plus a guy like chironos or mccarthy?

Wonder if TB would do this?  They did just buy Hechavarria from MIA and he has another year of control.  Plus their top prospect is a SS.  

I can't believe Seth Smith is still an Oriole after the off day.  

17 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Wonder if TB would do this?  They did just buy Hechavarria from MIA and he has another year of control.  Plus their top prospect is a SS.  

Not sure why you are. Smith isn't worth anything. Below average defender and average base runner. Hard to keep a 4th outfielder that plays poor defense. He is a DH, pinch hitter, or starter for the Baltimore Orioles "outfield"...

51 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I'd probably do Brach for Beckham straight up.  Controlled through 2020, at worst a solid cheap defensive utility guy with some pop.  Perfect type of guy to play at SS everyday for a rebuilding/reloading team.  Has pedigree and he's just a strikeout rate improvement away from having huge value. (not likely at 27yo, but even striking out 31% of the time, he's been at least a league average player over the last 150 games).

2 hours ago, phillyOs119 said:

I'd probably do Brach for Beckham straight up.  Controlled through 2020, at worst a solid cheap defensive utility guy with some pop.  Perfect type of guy to play at SS everyday for a rebuilding/reloading team.  Has pedigree and he's just a strikeout rate improvement away from having huge value. (not likely at 27yo, but even striking out 31% of the time, he's been at least a league average player over the last 150 games).

To me he's a poor man's JJ Hardy (in his prime) 260 ish avg with low OBP but 20+ hr potential

This is his first full season and he's been worth 1.6 rWAR. Certaintly an improvement over Tejada. And a cheap asset so they can put money towards signing Machado and Schoop. 

30 minutes ago, Lucky_13 said:

To me he's a poor man's JJ Hardy (in his prime) 260 ish avg with low OBP but 20+ hr potential

This is his first full season and he's been worth 1.6 rWAR. Certaintly an improvement over Tejada. And a cheap asset so they can put money towards signing Machado and Schoop. 

That would be an absolutely awful move for the team to make. They don't need a 27 year old failed prospects / utility guy they NEED YOUNG PROSPECTS. 

35 minutes ago, wildbillhiccup said:

That would be an absolutely awful move for the team to make. They don't need a 27 year old failed prospects / utility guy they NEED YOUNG PROSPECTS. 

He has three years of team control left, and his level of failure is 2.5 WAR over the last 150 games which is equal to Adam Jones over the last 250 games.  Oh and he's only making 900,000 this year so his salary is going to be pretty low for awhile.

This trade deadline is killing me. After all these talks for weeks and months it's looking more and more like Britton and Darvish are going nowhere, Verlander is going nowhere and neither the Dodgers nor the Yankees are willing to give up their top prospects so Gray may not be going anywhere either.

6 minutes ago, Tryptamine said:

This trade deadline is killing me. After all these talks for weeks and months it's looking more and more like Britton and Darvish are going nowhere, Verlander is going nowhere and neither the Dodgers nor the Yankees are willing to give up their top prospects so Gray may not be going anywhere either.

Just be patient, things will happen.

Archived