Duquette Is Not The Guy To Help Us Improve the Team

section18

We have had ample opportunity in the past two weeks to trade Brach, Britton or O"Day.  They have had some good appearances and some bad.  You trade them after a good appearance.  Same with Gausman.  He probably would like to return to his home state Colorado and pitched one of his best games the other night after rumors surfaced Colorado was interested in obtaining him or Bundy.  So does he get traded? No ! No! No! DD and Buck probably think he will pitch every game now like he did the other night. We've seen this before. from KG. Good game and 4 lousy games. Good game or two maybe and then 4 more lousy games.  DD continues to wait, wait, wait. His comments today show you he is not the guy to run this team. Why? He helped to build it and thinks he has a masterpiece. Wake up!  You will never get another GM job if you screw this opportunity up.  You make Brian Cashman Theo Epstein and Dombrowski look like the best GM's ever. What are you waiting for?  I think several of our players don't want to get traded and are not putting out maximum effort.  I know this will bother some on here but I think it's true.  We go through this every year when we get near the trade deadline.  If they want to get traded they play well and if they don't they play lousy.  O'Day has the big house over near Columbia and I think his wife still works in D.C.  Does not want a trade unless it's to the Nationals and that's not likely. So he has had two brutal games now where he blows leads and gives up HR'S. Just don't use him Buck until after the deadline. He's not going to help us. We have enough additions to the pen we should have traded Britton and Brach already. Wait. wait, wait while other teams deal. Either resign or do your job Duquette. The fans who are spending a lot of money including myself deserve better. You are well paid and simply ride the elevators at OP and eat well in your suite and do nothing to help this team. It's time to produce.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm beginning to have a bad feeling our pieces aren't garnering the types of offers that we (as internet posters) are hoping for.

It may take a while for inside info to leak, but I wouldn't be surprised to hear that the only offers weren't great offers. So the predicate of your post - that DD has declined tons of great opportunities - is not established. 

2 hours ago, section18 said:

We have had ample opportunity in the past two weeks to trade Brach, Britton or O"Day.  They have had some good appearances and some bad.  You trade them after a good appearance.  Same with Gausman.  He probably would like to return to his home state Colorado and pitched one of his best games the other night after rumors surfaced Colorado was interested in obtaining him or Bundy.  So does he get traded? No ! No! No! DD and Buck probably think he will pitch every game now like he did the other night. We've seen this before. from KG. Good game and 4 lousy games. Good game or two maybe and then 4 more lousy games.  DD continues to wait, wait, wait. His comments today show you he is not the guy to run this team. Why? He helped to build it and thinks he has a masterpiece. Wake up!  You will never get another GM job if you screw this opportunity up.  You make Brian Cashman Theo Epstein and Dombrowski look like the best GM's ever. What are you waiting for?  I think several of our players don't want to get traded and are not putting out maximum effort.  I know this will bother some on here but I think it's true.  We go through this every year when we get near the trade deadline.  If they want to get traded they play well and if they don't they play lousy.  O'Day has the big house over near Columbia and I think his wife still works in D.C.  Does not want a trade unless it's to the Nationals and that's not likely. So he has had two brutal games now where he blows leads and gives up HR'S. Just don't use him Buck until after the deadline. He's not going to help us. We have enough additions to the pen we should have traded Britton and Brach already. Wait. wait, wait while other teams deal. Either resign or do your job Duquette. The fans who are spending a lot of money including myself deserve better. You are well paid and simply ride the elevators at OP and eat well in your suite and do nothing to help this team. It's time to produce.

Other GMs are not going to base whether or not to acquire a player on one appearance good or bad.  Players are not trying to play poorly to avoid being traded.  

Yea, agreed, the players are just playing. As tempting as it is to assign ulterior motives to their (poor) performances (Brach, Britton, O'day) I highly doubt this is the case.  These guys are all professionals, and I have to give them the benefit of the doubt.  After all, their future earning potential is certainly effected by said performances.

As for our approach going into the trade deadline is concerned, I agree, we are a F*CKING mess.  The mixed messages are pretty laughable.

My biggest question is who's responsible for this mess of conflicting messages, and are opposing GM's getting the same mixed messages that us the fans are getting?

Its not fun to be on a losing team.  And that is what the O's are right now.  A losing team.  Its frustrating.    So to say that players are playing lousy on purpose so not to be traded sounds like fan frustration with little to no basis to back it up.    I think O's players want to win.  They just can't put it together enough to put a winning streak together.

6 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

Davis, O'Day, Trumbo. Those are the three guys we have paid money to extend under DD. 

I don't think you understand what extend means.

Hardy extended.

The most recent deals with Davis, O'Day and Trumbo were not extensions.

If a player reaches free agency and a team brings them back it isn't an extension.

6 hours ago, 99ct said:

I'm beginning to have a bad feeling our pieces aren't garnering the types of offers that we (as internet posters) are hoping for.

It may take a while for inside info to leak, but I wouldn't be surprised to hear that the only offers weren't great offers. So the predicate of your post - that DD has declined tons of great opportunities - is not established. 

Pretty certain that our bullpen has been injured and given up too many runs at the wrong times. 

5 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I don't think you understand what extend means.

Hardy extended.

The most recent deals with Davis, O'Day and Trumbo were not extensions.

If a player reaches free agency and a team brings them back it isn't an extension.

Very true. They were lost. But now they are found. 

5 hours ago, phillyOs119 said:

Other GMs are not going to base whether or not to acquire a player on one appearance good or bad.  Players are not trying to play poorly to avoid being traded.  

The O'Day implosion was freakish anyway. No way to rig that one. 

20 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

Probably because of the disaster of not re-signing Cruz.

This is a good point! Look I take some fan blame because I wanted them to resign Davis and Trumbo.

For Davis my complaint is that the Orioles/Angelos negotiated with themselves. They probably could've gotten Davis for 15-17 and for 5-6 years. I really don't think that there was any competition at the numbers that he signed for or even their 1st offer.

Trumbo's deal is reasonable imo if Mark can play at 1B and have his usual hot start. This season was a rare year that he did not have the hot bat early.

32 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

Probably because of the disaster of not re-signing Cruz.

My Favorite Abuser. Ownership was blindsided by the fact that it would continue to be allowed.  Nelson is a favorite of mine. 

Archived