DFA Johnny G today bring up extra arm

bpilktree

These next two games pretty much define our season we have two big games and have to send out Miley and Ubaldo(not sure why if you think you are in it how can you start him but we will).   Right now Johnny G is not getting anytime and he wont pinch hit for anyone with Tejada swinging a hot bat.  I would make the next two games like a playoff game and put 8 men in the pen because of the up coming off day.  Today we use Miley, Castro Hart and whoever we bring up if we are behind if they have the lead you go with the top guys minus Brach who i think will get rest.  Ubaldo's start is a start with a leash about two base runners long.  You can have Givens for two innings, Oday and Brach for another 3 innings and Britton for 1.   That gives us 6 innings to cover for Ubaldo if he can give us just 3 innings.  I would have Janish on taxi squad in case an injury occurs today or if you just want to send down the pitcher tomorrow.  If we have an injury in middle infield today, Manny would go to short and Davis can go to third for an emergency.

This team seems to have an awful lot of games or series that will define their season, decide where they're headed in 2017, or are pivotal, determinative or make-or-break.

I don't look at it that way. All the games count the same in the standings. (The games against WC contenders and division rivals have a little extra import since they count in that team's standings, too.) But at this stage, every Orioles `game is important. That's why I wouldn't trust Ubaldo with any more starts. 

Archived