Trade Deadline Pool

DirtyBird

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

For a team that can't just write bad contracts like the Dodgers and Red Sox, yes.  Wade Miley is getting paid $9M and he wouldn't cut it at Bowie right now. 

I get that. I'm just saying wishing we had the same trash but cheaper doesn't make sense to me. 

Just now, MDtransplant757 said:

I get that. I'm just saying wishing we had the same trash but cheaper doesn't make sense to me. 

Why is Davies trash?  His numbers a marketability better than Miley since 2015. 

Pitching in the AL East might changes things, but better to have subpar home grown talent then spending $$$ on mediocre players.

2 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Pitching in the AL East might changes things, but better to have subpar home grown talent then spending $$$ on mediocre players.

His numbers this year are almost interchangable with Miley's. I agree with you, but using him as a martyr to use against DD when people use him as pinata is just silly to me because I don't think he'd move the needle at all. 

On 7/26/2017 at 1:05 PM, Tryptamine said:

Date: 7/28

Time: Afternoon

Orioles players(involved):Brad Brach

Players received: Teoscar Hernandez and Colin Moran

First to Break on Twitter: Chris Cotillo

It was a real EYE OPENER last time Moran played in B-More!

14 hours ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Davies just came off an 8 inning 3 hit shutout of the Nationals

He would be the ace of the O's staff (admittedly not saying much).

15 hours ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I'll take that over being buyers.  My biggest fear right now is I wake up to the news that DD has traded Tanner Scott for Jhoulys Chacin, or some other pitcher who isn't going to move the needle.

You are right. I wouldn't like that trade at all.

Archived