Wilkerson can help as the Utility Infielder

Roll Tide

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

Not sure why you needed to add the word technically.

I do believe there is a difference between something that allows you to build muscle which you will then have for quite a while and be able to improve your performance going forward, and something which gives you an immediate energy boost the day you take it.

Yes, both should be penalized if they are banned by law or by baseball, as they both give you a boost in improvement, and have harmful side effects.   I am not saying one should be legal and the other shouldn't.   But sportsfan used the word steroids which implies that even if Wilkerson has stopped using, he still could be reaping benefits of illegally obtained improved musculature from when he DID use, which wouldn't be the case with amphetamines.  

Wilkerson came on as a pinch hitter with Caleb Joseph on base. Wilkerson swung at the first pitch and blooped a single just past the second baseman for his first MLB hit and first RBI as Joseph scored (who immediately asked for the ball.) Wilkerson stayed on to play 3rd base in the bottom of the 9th.

23 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Huerter is about to light up Atlanta. 

“Super” human play like Wilkerson. It’s almost like he still has PEDs running through his veins. Does that wear off after only 50 games?  Did he lose his steroid gains from the gym?  Not that I care, let em all use. 

The PED he was popped for wears off in a day. It was a stimulant, not a steroid, taken in the offseason. 

23 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I wonder if the gains he made in the gym, during the off-season, which were added by his stimulant use, helped?  

Possible, but I'd doubt the benefit of using a amphetamine stimulant has any statistically significant advantage over caffeine as far as workout quality. 

1 minute ago, Luke-OH said:

Possible, but I'd doubt the benefit of using a amphetamine stimulant has any statistically significant advantage over caffeine as far as workout quality. 

I can only speak for Ephdra but it did for me when I used it for a few months when I was in the Army.  A bit of weight loss and higher energy levels.

I am really impressed with Wilkerson.  There is something about him that shows confidence like a veteran player.  He looks like a baseball player that needs to be in the lineup every day . I hope he continues to produce and gets playing time.

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

I can only speak for Ephdra but it did for me when I used it for a few months when I was in the Army.  A bit of weight loss and higher energy levels.

I’ve never taken Ephdra, but I used to take a pre-workout supplement with DMAA before it was banned (I stopped when it become a banned substance), and while it did seem to provide more lasting energy and focus than a large caffeine dose, the effect wasn’t that much different.

I would think there would be a performance enhancing effect if used before a game or competition, but as far as for a pre-workout, I found being at peak energy/focus for every workout was actually counterproductive to my overall training and diminished my focus during competition. Being extra hyped/focused for each offseason workout doesn’t have positive performance outcomes  at least in my experience.

14 hours ago, SteveA said:

I do believe there is a difference between something that allows you to build muscle which you will then have for quite a while and be able to improve your performance going forward, and something which gives you an immediate energy boost the day you take it.

Yes, both should be penalized if they are banned by law or by baseball, as they both give you a boost in improvement, and have harmful side effects.   I am not saying one should be legal and the other shouldn't.   But sportsfan used the word steroids which implies that even if Wilkerson has stopped using, he still could be reaping benefits of illegally obtained improved musculature from when he DID use, which wouldn't be the case with amphetamines.  

Agreed but what do I know?  I wonder if one of the things they did with Davis was to wean him off Vyvanse and switch to caffeine?  He looked much sharper last night.  We can all conjecture right?  Wilkerson is an athlete fer sure, if I may get "technical"!

2 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

I have never had you pegged as a juicer. My boy Miguel gets these b-12 shots from the Dominican, you just try then: inject right in your butt. 

Archived