Castillo declines option

Legend_Of_Joey

In a "not that surprising" move, Welington Castillo declined his $7 million player option, so he is now a free agent.

Barring some...Extremely strange thing, looks like Joseph/Sisco for 2018. Also opens the door for Wynns to be added to the 40 by the 20th of this month, especially with Fransisco Pena also selecting free agency.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

In a "not that surprising" move, Welington Castillo declined his $7 million player option, so he is now a free agent.

Barring some...Extremely strange thing, looks like Joseph/Sisco for 2018. Also opens the door for Wynns to be added to the 40 by the 20th of this month, especially with Fransisco Pena also selecting free agency.

I think Pena ends up back here at AAA as depth.

1 minute ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

He's a possibility, or if goes, Audrey Perez. I can't see them signing a big name unless something drastic happens.

I think Pena was put throw waivers a couple of times last season, wasn't he?

I suspect he has more value here as depth, if he wants to keep playing baseball.

56 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Good saves us some money, all we need now is for Davis to retire!

10 minutes ago, TommyPickles said:

He was such a good pick up for the Os.

-Threw out 49% of runners (best in MLB)

-Cracked 20 homers in under 350 ABs

-.813 OPS & 115 OPS+

-Wayyyy cheaper than Wieters (who was miserable for D.C.)

and he took this for the team:

So you feel that it’s a coincidence that the team had a 5.60 ERA when Castillo caught, and 4.23 when Joseph caught?    Sorry, but I just can’t get past that stat.    I’m ready to let Sisco step in for Castillo.

Archived