*GASP* Millar goes to Boston for game two!!!

Moose Milligan

I do remember hearing stories of Jordan going out gambling with Barkley during their Finals when the Bulls played the Suns.
Chris Paul has dinner with, plays video games, and has opposing players stay over at his house the night before games.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It is? You've got to be kidding me if you don't think that's what he's trying to do. Why else would he sit courtside with all the other Boston sports figures? He wants to continuously be recognized and supported by Boston fans.

Why wouldn't a guy sit courtside with a friend at an NBA Finals game??? Seems like a great time to any sane person. And the person sitting two seats from him is a former Celtic, guess you should be ripping him even more.

It's not the game, it's being identified as still being part of the Red Sox and Boston sports while under contract to a team in Baltimore that is supposed to be a rival. A team that is going to play the Sox today.

But I guess that's where I am different. I actually see the Red Sox as a rival and an enemy where others are neutral or passive toward them because they are a better team. If you truly hate the Red Sox and Boston how can you approve of one of our players identifying himself with them during the season?

He is not identifying himself with them. Going to a basketball game, and sitting next to a friend who plays for the Red Sox is not anywhere in the ball park of identifying himself as a Red Sox. Biggest reach ever!

Chris Paul has dinner with, plays video games, and has opposing players stay over at his house the night before games.

I don't want to open another can of worms here, but Tony Dunge had dinner with Lovie Smith the night before the Colts-Bears Super Bowl game a couple years ago too...things like this happen.

Go get 'em JTrea. I like how you won't back down in the face of overwhelming opposition.

I understand where you are coming from, in general, but I don't really care about Millar going to a Celtics game. That's just the way the NBA is... Celebrities and athletes love to be seen at NBA games and it just so happens the O's were up in Boston. I don't think this means that much more than Millar showing up at Wizards game.

I too revile Boston and their elitist, entitled fans. I hate that we are viewed as a joke in New England and to "bandwagon Nation." Millar's shtick from the World Series last year served only to exacerbate all of this.

Last time I checked, most of us view most of the Boston fans as a joke, too. I think the ones that feel that way about us would no matter what, because they are the ones who only care when the Sawks are winning and they have a guy whose name ends in "r" to accentuate their accents when they sream it.

I do remember hearing stories of Jordan going out gambling with Barkley during their Finals when the Bulls played the Suns.

Well MJ cleary wasn't much of a team player, competitor, or a winner or anything, so this only supports JTrea's argument.

This convo is ridiculous.

I'll be the first to admit that I was fuming when Millar read the line-up for the ALCS game last year -- that crossed the line.

But the man attended a basketball game. I'd have thought he was weird if he actually turned those tickets down.

Besides, how do you know he was rooting for the Celtics? He is from Southern California I believe...

I'm relatively new here, so can someone please enlighten me on whether people were bashing Jeff Conine for fraternizing with Marlins players and wearing his two WS rings that he got with the Marlins while playing for the Orioles?

I'm surprised no one else commented on yesterday's in-game interview with bench coach Dave Jauss. Seems he still lives within Boston city limits, so close to Fenway he took the bus to the game, and was a key part of the Sox organization from 1997-2005. He's obviously a traitorous mole, selling out the organization to our most bitter rivals. He is our Aldrich Ames.

If he's not run out of town, tarred and feathered, and left at the Pennsylvania border posthaste I'm going to turn in my Oriole Fan Membership Card.

:D

It has occurred to me that my owning two Boston Terriers could make be appear disloyal to the Orioles. I'd hate to look like a traitor.

Should I rid myself of them and replace them with Chesapeake Bay Retrievers?

Please discuss.

Archived