*GASP* Millar goes to Boston for game two!!!

Moose Milligan

Get a clue JTrea. Rivalries are for FANS only. Players do not hate the other players who they play against. They are friends with them. If you can't handle this, then so be it. But you won't find many people who are going to agree with your point of view.
Great post and especially this part.

JTrea you are completely out of touch with anything remotely resembling reality.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It is? You've got to be kidding me if you don't think that's what he's trying to do. Why else would he sit courtside with all the other Boston sports figures? He wants to continuously be recognized and supported by Boston fans.

Maybe, I dunno... he wanted to see an NBA finals game? And maybe, possibly, his friends from Boston area teams had the connections to get him tickets? :scratchchinhmm:

It's not that he's just attending a basketball game, its that the media is referring to him as being part of the Red Sox still and still part of Boston sports. He's not though, he's a Baltimore Oriole, his contract is paid for by the Baltimore Orioles. He was last part of the Sox four seasons ago. You didn't see any other former Sox player there let alone one that was under contract to a rival team. He went alone with no other Oriole players. And it wasn't like he was back in the crowd or in a box somewhere, he was courtside in a row of Boston sports players where he could be seen and identified as being part of Boston sports.

It makes this team look like a joke. The Orioles aren't good enough for Millar so he's got to keep going back to the Sox. It doesn't help the team image to have a player keep going to your rival team and fans for support and praise. Somebody needs to remind this guy that his Boston playing days are over and there will be plenty of time to relive his past after the season ends and he's a FA.

Ummm....probably because there was only ONE visiting team in town Sunday night.....the Baltimore Orioles! Your arguments are tempting me into a mini-vacation, but I will resist for now!:cussing:

Maybe, I dunno... he wanted to see an NBA finals game? And maybe, possibly, his friends from Boston area teams had the connections to get him tickets? :scratchchinhmm:
Or maybe they asked him if he wanted to go to the game and sit in a section with a lot of his friends from his time in Boston and other sports legends from the Boston area and he said yes. Hell, maybe he called them and asked if he could go.

The real question is why is that considered such an unforgiveable offense. Going to a basketball game has nothing to do with baseball.

It's not that he's just attending a basketball game, its that the media is referring to him as being part of the Red Sox still and still part of Boston sports. He's not though, he's a Baltimore Oriole, his contract is paid for by the Baltimore Orioles. He was last part of the Sox four seasons ago. You didn't see any other former Sox player there let alone one that was under contract to a rival team. He went alone with no other Oriole players. And it wasn't like he was back in the crowd or in a box somewhere, he was courtside in a row of Boston sports players where he could be seen and identified as being part of Boston sports.

It makes this team look like a joke. The Orioles aren't good enough for Millar so he's got to keep going back to the Sox. It doesn't help the team image to have a player keep going to your rival team and fans for support and praise. Somebody needs to remind this guy that his Boston playing days are over and there will be plenty of time to relive his past after the season ends and he's a FA.

Yes, the team is the entity that looks like a joke here.:rolleyes: I can't believe any sane person would have a problem with a guy going to a game with a few old friends whose city he happens to be in for work. The idea that this reflects on the Orioles in any way is insanity. Remaining friends with people you used to work with and occasionally hanging out with them is a completely normal activity. It is sad that you took an obviously joking opening post of this thread (very funny BTW) seriously. We get it; you hate Millar and overreact even more ridiculously to him than you normally do to all things concerning the Orioles. Believe it or not, every little thing that occurs concerning the Orioles is not a life and death matter. Other former Sox players weren't there because their team wasn't in town. How do you not understand that?

Or maybe they asked him if he wanted to go to the game and sit in a section with a lot of his friends from his time in Boston and other sports legends from the Boston area and he said yes. Hell, maybe he called them and asked if he could go.

The real question is why is that considered such an unforgiveable offense. Going to a basketball game has nothing to do with baseball.

In JTrea's opinion, if he wanted to go to the game, he should have declined courtside seats (to an NBA FINALS game, mind you) and buy tickets in the rafters with his good buddies on the Orioles squad! :rolleyes:

It's not the game, it's being identified as still being part of the Red Sox and Boston sports while under contract to a team in Baltimore that is supposed to be a rival. A team that is going to play the Sox today.

But I guess that's where I am different. I actually see the Red Sox as a rival and an enemy where others are neutral or passive toward them because they are a better team. If you truly hate the Red Sox and Boston how can you approve of one of our players identifying himself with them during the season?

Your argument against Millar is so utterly ridculous, I don't know why we even bother to keep the discussion going. He was at the FINALS of a BASKETBALL game. I don't care if he is sleeping with Varitek's wife! As long as he gives 100% when he steps on the field, that is ALL that matters.

And since you are SO hell bent on keep bringing this up, why were you not upset when the Orioles players went to a Wizards game last year? How dare they go to a game for the dreaded, hated Washington team.

Get a clue JTrea. Rivalries are for FANS only. Players do not hate the other players who they play against. They are friends with them. If you can't handle this, then so be it. But you won't find many people who are going to agree with your point of view.

Clearly they want to play for the Nats. What a disgusting state of affairs when people want to attend basketball games. They obviously want the Washington media to recognize them and almost definitely want to play for the Nats someday. Makes me sick.:) Seriously though, it's funny how JTrea accepts that players from opposing teams fraternize before games but if they actually hang out together away from the stadium it's blasphemy of the highest degree. I suppose we all know what the face of insanity looks like now.

It's not the game, it's being identified as still being part of the Red Sox and Boston sports while under contract to a team in Baltimore that is supposed to be a rival. A team that is going to play the Sox today.

But I guess that's where I am different. I actually see the Red Sox as a rival and an enemy where others are neutral or passive toward them because they are a better team. If you truly hate the Red Sox and Boston how can you approve of one of our players identifying himself with them?

So how do you feel when a former O's player comes back to town and the fans give him a big round of applause and he thanks them. Thats the same thing. Should his new team immediately cut him because other people choose to acknowledge his former presence in the organization and he doesn't steadfastly deny it?

But I guess that's where I am different. I actually see the Red Sox as a rival and an enemy where others are neutral or passive toward them because they are a better team. If you truly hate the Red Sox and Boston how can you approve of one of our players identifying himself with them during the season?

How is attending a basketball game akin to making a conscious effort to be identified with the Red Sox? He is friends with these guys and took advantage of being in Boston to attend an NBA Finals game. Sure, none of us care much for the Red Sox but as sane people we can see the difference between a few guys hanging out and not overreact (although I suppose you can't help it) and jump to ridiculous conclusions about every little thing especially if it concerns Boston. I'm sure players from opposing teams hang out all the time when an off day allows it especially with an event like the NBA Finals occurring.

It is? You've got to be kidding me if you don't think that's what he's trying to do. Why else would he sit courtside with all the other Boston sports figures? He wants to continuously be recognized and supported by Boston fans.

A) Clever of you to ignore the rest of my post, and B) it couldn't possibly be because he made (and maintained) great friendships with current and former Boston athletes?

Your sense of loyalty is skewed buddy.

Actually, it all boils down to this:

If the player's manager, teammates, and front office don't have any problems with his actions and the way he conducts his business (and its quite obvious the O's don't in regards to Kevin Millar), then who the hell are you to tell him how he should act?

Its insulting to state that you know a whole lot more about what goes into being a teammate in a professional locker room, and certainly about the qualities that a professional athlete should possess.

So how do you feel when a former O's player comes back to town and the fans give him a big round of applause and he thanks them. Thats the same thing. Should his new team immediately cut him because other people choose to acknowledge his former presence in the organization and he doesn't steadfastly deny it?

We tried to use this argument on JTrea last year, stating how Dempsey came back for the final game at Memorial Stadium, leaving his current Milwaukee team, even though they were still playing. JT made some ridiculous excuse that it was different, when in reality, THAT was much worse than Millar's post season stuff because the Orioles were not in the postseason. But watch, JT will give you some excuse. Wait for it....wait for it....

Apparently you don't get how Millar wanting to be identified as still be part of the Red Sox and Boston sports instead of hanging out with his current teammates isn't a slap in the face to the Orioles and their fans. Either that or you feel the Orioles are inferior to the Red Sox and could care less...

If he's as much of a jerk as you think, maybe all his Orioles teammates were so sick of him they all went out somewhere without him leaving him with no choice but to call some of those other guys he knew in town?

Also, at this time I want to humbly apologize to all my grad school classmates for cheering for the UMBC basketball team while I was a student at Rutgers. I now understand that this was inexcusable and probably the reason my intramural co-ed soccer team didn't repeat as league champions in my second year.

Archived