Fanfest

Going Underground

1 hour ago, mdbdotcom said:

In an obvious time of need, Manny and Schoop tell fans, "Drop dead." Get rid of both of them, if there are teams interested in these two prima donnas. And with Davis pulling double diaper duty and Britton not cleared to fly, Adam Jones will be the only member of the original "core"  in attendance at Fanfest. Adam Jones is the star all players should aspire to be, on and off the field. The window for that core is shut tight now.

We've gone from "We Won't Stop" to "Who Are You?" They should just play videos from the glory days and give away photos of Brooks, Frank, Earl, Cal and Eddie. 

Such a shame it's come to this.

Good post, but I’ll wait to hear the whole story before dumping on Manny and Schoop.     My feeling is there’s more to this than we know yet, and some of it will come out.   Get Ken Rosenthal down here to sniff it out — we certainly can’t expect Roch to do it.     We’re ripe for an in-depth story about what the hell’s going on here this winter.     What a train wreck.   

Honestly, this is the lowest my morale has been as a fan since the parade of GM candidates who turned us down in 2011.    

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Get Ken Rosenthal down here to sniff it out — we certainly can’t expect Roch to do it.     We’re ripe for an in-depth story about what the hell’s going on here this winter.     What a train wreck.    

Why do people even follow Roch? I've never understood this. He just regurgitates whatever drivel the FO feeds him. Lame.

25 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Good post, but I’ll wait to hear the whole story before dumping on Manny and Schoop.     My feeling is there’s more to this than we know yet, and some of it will come out.   Get Ken Rosenthal down here to sniff it out — we certainly can’t expect Roch to do it.     We’re ripe for an in-depth story about what the hell’s going on here this winter.     What a train wreck.   

Honestly, this is the lowest my morale has been as a fan since the parade of GM candidates who turned us down in 2011.    

I will be happy to apologize to any player I've torched if it turns out they had a legitimate reason for not attending.

16 minutes ago, gtman55 said:

Why do people even follow Roch? I've never understood this. He just regurgitates whatever drivel the FO feeds him. Lame.

Oh, I get plenty of information from his blog.    I just don’t expect him to dig when controversy is involved.    Frankly, the non-affiliated reporters at the Sun are no better.     I don’t need to have a NY style press core that second guesses everything that happens, but when there are obvious questions to investigate, it would be nice if someone got off their butt and looked into it.

37 minutes ago, gtman55 said:

I 100% agree. I know some fans feel like athletes can just do as they please, but not in this case. This is a once a year planned event for the fans, especially the kids. It's pretty clear the two best buds decided to protest the front office by not showing up at Fanfest.

F 'em. I want players on our Baltimore Orioles to at least have some respect for the fans that support them. 

I remember back in the day attending an event at a local store to meet and greet some Orioles stars. I waited in line for 2 hours to meet them. Well, at noon time the Orioles players said they needed a lunch break and us kids would have to wait another hour. All the players but one left for lunch. That player? Brooks Robinson. I never forgot that. 

I admit it, I'm getting old. I'm so sick of these millionaire divas playing team sports today. They have no loyalty to the city or fans that watch them. Sad.

Schoop and Machado are gifted athletes but are selfish too.

You know how, when Manny makes a great play, announcers and the experts posting on the game thread will discuss whether Brooks would have made that play? I don't participate in those discussions because I can't tell what Brooks would have done on a ball hit 40 years after his retirement.

But I'm pretty sure this is one play Brooks would not have made.

At Fanfest, I would love for Dan Duquette to say, "I have done nothing since the 2017 season ended as payback for Angelos not allowing me to take the Toronto job after the 2014 season. I know this admission will end my career in Major League Baseball, but I just want him to know that as far as I'm concerned, he can go suck it. Questions?"

5 minutes ago, mdbdotcom said:

At Fanfest, I would love for Dan Duquette to say, "I have done nothing since the 2014 season ended as payback for Angelos not allowing me to take the Toronto job after the 2014 season. I know this admission will end my career in Major League Baseball, but I just want him to know that as far as I'm concerned, he can go suck it. Questions?"

Fixed that for you...lol. 

Archived