Slow Offseason around MLB

Redskins Rick

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Es4M11 said:

Maybe, but I think Tillman would at least like a chance to win this year. However slim it may be with the Orioles. Philly certainly possible

I think Philadelphia will win. They are better than the Mets, Braves, and Marlins. And maybe even the Nats. I would not put it past them imploding during the Bryce year. 

20 minutes ago, Es4M11 said:

If the O's wanted Odorizzi they could have got him. We have traded with the Rays in the past, so it's not like there wasn't an open line of communication.

Have to wonder if this takes the Twins out of the Tillman market? That would leave it at the O's and two "mystery" teams - so really probably just the O's.

It blows my mind tha there’s a “market” for Tillman. Mind boggling.

24 minutes ago, wildbillhiccup said:

It depends if you think he’s the pitcher he was last year, or the pitcher he was for the five years before that.     And if you think it’s 50/50, or even close to it, then he’s worth the gamble.   You might get a $15 mm pitcher for one-fifth that amount. 

27 minutes ago, wildbillhiccup said:

I don't see why there is not a market atleast as a low cost option.  He still had pretty good velocity last year and if a scout sees it as his mechinacs that lost his control then is something they can fix.  Last year he didn't have a spring and offseason healthy.  This year he has an off season healthy and time to fix mechanics.   Teams sign guys now that are hurt and had surgery and will miss half the season or more because it is a cheap lottery ticket. 

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

A player with two sub-replacement seasons under his belt just got 144M deal.  Anyone still thinking the owners are colluding?

Would you rather have Davis for the next 5 years of his deal, or Hosmer for the first 5 of his deal? I know it's almost certain to be an 8 year deal, but just humor me.

24 minutes ago, Es4M11 said:

Would you rather have Davis for the next 5 years of his deal, or Hosmer for the first 5 of his deal? I know it's almost certain to be an 8 year deal, but just humor me.

Hosmer is younger and making less.  So Hosmer, but yeah, he ain't going to be opting out.

Archived