Well now that this years draft is over an appears on the surface to be one the more unsuccessful ones in the past few years, lets talk about who the orioles should snag next year. Personally I hope they go with a bat and I hope that it is Dustin Ackley from University of North Carolina. I have seen this kid play alot whether in college or high school and he can flat out hit. What does everybody else think?

Well now that this years draft is over an appears on the surface to be one the more unsuccessful ones in the past few years' date=' lets talk about who the orioles should snag next year. Personally I hope they go with a bat and I hope that it is Dustin Ackley from University of North Carolina. I have seen this kid play alot whether in college or high school and he can flat out hit. What does everybody else think?[/quote']

I think it's too early to talk about for the 2009 draft, but any information on players to watch in the Cape league would be very appreciated! I'll be spending a week up there at the end of July and I'll definitely be trying to take in some games.

Well now that this years draft is over an appears on the surface to be one the more unsuccessful ones in the past few years' date='[/b'] lets talk about who the orioles should snag next year. Personally I hope they go with a bat and I hope that it is Dustin Ackley from University of North Carolina. I have seen this kid play alot whether in college or high school and he can flat out hit. What does everybody else think?

Not to hijack the thread or anything, but let the kids play before you send them off to the gallows, okay?

Not to hijack the thread or anything, but let the kids play before you send them off to the gallows, okay?

I agree with you. I just said that because it seems as if that were the general consensus on the hangout. I did not mean to sound pessimistic although looking back I see that I was. I am just curious on what everybody thinks of the '09 eligible players. I acknowledge that it is early to talk about next years draft but I am just curious who everybody else likes.

I agree with you. I just said that because it seems as if that were the general consensus on the hangout. I did not mean to sound pessimistic although looking back I see that I was. I am just curious on what everybody thinks of the '09 eligible players. I acknowledge that it is early to talk about next years draft but I am just curious who everybody else likes.

It depends on who is running with the banner. Some people love it, others hate it. I'm not sure if there is much a consensus. Just running after banners.

Agreed. But it's interesting. It's hard to see who or what is going to happen, with all of the possible variables fluctuating. I applaud your research.

Archived