What is Dan Duquette doing?

oriolediehard

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, clapdiddy said:

With the lack of news out in the baseball world right now, we could say this about 29 other teams as well.

Yeah, but this is the status quo for the Orioles. I mean, Cobb just got a reality check with the Cubs 3/42 offer. Now's the time to swoop in with a 4/60 and get him. That's far less than I thought Cobb would get and the Orioles will have to overpay some to get a SP.

And if you don't want Cobb, Lance Lynn's name has been barely mentioned in most rumors.

13 minutes ago, Dark Helmet said:

Yeah, but this is the status quo for the Orioles. I mean, Cobb just got a reality check with the Cubs 3/42 offer. Now's the time to swoop in with a 4/60 and get him. That's far less than I thought Cobb would get and the Orioles will have to overpay some to get a SP.

And if you don't want Cobb, Lance Lynn's name has been barely mentioned in most rumors.

I completely agree with this.

4 minutes ago, TommyPickles said:

Which of these do you think would be a more successful rotation?

Bundy, Gausman, Cobb, 2 of Castro/Cortes/Ynoa

or...

Bundy, Gausman, Cashner, Gonzalez, 1 of Castro/Cortes/Ynoa

Depends on how long Cobb, Cashner and Gonzo are signed for and how much $ they get. Cashner would be ok IMO, same with Gonzo. Cobb denied 3/40 from the Cubs. Doubt we get him

1 hour ago, oriolediehard said:

I haven't heard any news from since the rule 5 draft?  There will be no signing of a worth while pitching without spending.  Let's be realistic. 

if we're being honest have there really been any significant baseball moves by any teams over the last few weeks? Hard to pass judgement on the man when the market seems to be moving at a snail's pace this year. 

3 minutes ago, MDtransplant757 said:

Depends on how long Cobb, Cashner and Gonzo are signed for and how much $ they get. Cashner would be ok IMO, same with Gonzo. Cobb denied 3/40 from the Cubs. Doubt we get him

I agree with you. I guess I was more asking which of those combinations do you think would produce better results on the field next year. Regardless of money and length of contracts.

10 minutes ago, interloper said:

The thing is our needs far outweigh most other teams so the urgency is greater to fill our many roster holes. And yet...

But the players aren't going to just jump at the first offer, they are going to let their agents develop a market. It's not like this is a one-sided game and we're in charge. The O's are not an attractive team for pitchers, so if we are going to sign one we will have to wait until their market is set and then outbid everyone else. No one wants to pitch for the Orioles.

2 hours ago, oriolediehard said:

I haven't heard any news from since the rule 5 draft?  There will be no signing of a worth while pitching without spending.  Let's be realistic. 

2 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

Nothing.

I mean, we don't know that for sure, but the results speak for themselves.

Typical Orioles offseason.  Won't be making moves until February and into ST.  

3 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I’ll judge the off-season when it’s over.   Am I nervous?   Sure.  

It's a valid question Diehard...and yes Moose, it is shaping up like a typical Oriole offseason.  However, as Frobby points out we have to see the end of the off-season to judge it.  The simple fact is we have come up both big and small from this point and could very well still do either.

The Orioles always have their organizational difficulties and this off season is moving slow all around.  Yes, I am nervous or scared or whatever, and every time I read the latest posts in the top Oriole moments from SteveA, I am painfully reminded of the # of days before Spring Training starts.  

DD is most certainly working and if you want to insist on the worst, that he is dumpster diving...well, the dumpster is pretty full, so at that very worst, his chances for success should be higher.

Yes I am nervous...but I want to see where we land.  It will say a lot about, DD, Buck and PA in my opinion.  The situation as they say...should be coming to a head.

Archived