In on Lynn?

Snutchy

3 hours ago, weams said:

30 HRs in 143 innings. 

I personally would rather have Colin McHugh. Especially if he could be had for Brach or Givens. If they could trade for McHugh and sign a Lance Lynn, then your feeling ALOT better going into 2018.

Will either happen? Doubt it.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, weams said:

Would I give up Hays or Sisco or Harvey for him? No. But for Givens...Yes. For Brach...Every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

He has risk, but I don't trust Brach. I'd hate to lose Givens, but a BP arm for a quality SP is a NO brainer imo.

25 minutes ago, orioles119 said:

Why not Lynn and McHugh?  Rather have McHugh than Tillman at this point.  They have the pen depth to get it done.

And now that Houston rotation is loaded, they are looking to sure up the BP.  They probably would rather have Givens. I still do it. 

Of they could pull off that trade and sign Lynn and maybe add Garcia on a cheap deal. I think Castro could replace Brach or Givens enough.

1. Lynn

2. McHugh

3. Gausman

4. Bundy

5. Garcia/Ynoa/Mesa

1 hour ago, SteveA said:

But he eventually came back from that injury and pitched last year.   Are you implying that a year old injury would cause him to fail the Orioles physical?

Elbow? It could cause him to fail a contract let alone a physical. Or not. Maybe he is the one guy. Or one of the three guys. Or maybe he will learn to throw a knuckler. 

36 minutes ago, weams said:

Elbow? It could cause him to fail a contract let alone a physical. Or not. Maybe he is the one guy. Or one of the three guys. Or maybe he will learn to throw a knuckler. 

He still has 2 years of team control left. Would they extend him? I doubt it. But he looked good when he came back.

1 hour ago, Dark Helmet said:

I don't think it will happen. I fully expect Cashner and Vargas and Tillman. And at this point and compared to what we have now, I'd be ecstatic...and that's sad.

I'm skeptical even that happens.  I fully expect the fourth and fifth spots to be filled by Castro/Cortes/Wright/Ynoa.  Which is an awful plan but pure Orioles.  

Honestly, you can do a lot worse than Gausman/Bundy/Cashner/Vargas/Tillman/Castro/Cortes.  Should our bullpen be a top 5-10 bullpen and our offense actually live up to its potential, we could compete. 

10 hours ago, FanSince88 said:

I'm skeptical even that happens.  I fully expect the fourth and fifth spots to be filled by Castro/Cortes/Wright/Ynoa.  Which is an awful plan but pure Orioles.  

Honestly, you can do a lot worse than Gausman/Bundy/Cashner/Vargas/Tillman/Castro/Cortes.  Should our bullpen be a top 5-10 bullpen and our offense actually live up to its potential, we could compete. 

Yeah we could do worse and probably will. I'm more upset at the fact that the prices seem to have fallen well below what was expected for Cobb and Lynn, and the Orioles still most likely won't land one of the top starters.

Archived