Colby Rasmus (Update: O's sign him to minor league deal)

Going Underground

1 minute ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I wonder how much speed Rasmus can bring coming off a hip injury.  He still has to pass the Oriole physical too.  And when did the Orioles start caring about speed.  :D

Since Duquette let Nick go I guess.  Got to get that right field defense improved, you know.  

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Babypowder said:

Can’t be mad about a minor league deal, and there’s upside here if he’s healthy.

You can never be mad about a minor league deal. Feldman would’ve been our 2nd best SP last year. I say sign them both. Deep depth. 

A Rasmus/Gentry/Rickard platoon is cheap and ok until Hays is ready. 

6 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

Slash against RHP in 2017:

Colby: .291/.333/.582/.915

John Jay: .289/.364/.384/.748

Short right-field porch in Camden Yards? AL East experience? All favor Colby. 

I'd rather have Colby than Jay especially if Colby comes on a minor league deal.

I like it. I know it’s a pipe dream, but it does save money for a guy like Lynn. If we’re making one last run, why the heck not?

Am I the only one that think Scott Feldman would be a good addition?  

Lets say you have a MLB rotation to start the season of, 

Bundy, Gausman, Cashner, Tillman, Cortes

Then you have a AAA rotation of possibly, 

Feldman, Asher, Wright, Ynoa. 

Thats the type of depth you need to make it through and MLB season. I know Wright and Ynoa are out of options. But odds are that both wouldn’t be claimed. 

Just now, sportsfan8703 said:

Thats the type of depth you need to make it through and MLB season. I know Wright and Ynoa are out of options. But odds are that both wouldn’t be claimed. 

Need to have room on the roster for the third round pick in the rule V draft.

17 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Ynoa and Wright would both have to pass through waivers.  I think it's likely Castro starts at Norfolk.

I'd be good with a Feldman signing even though it would likely squeeze one of Cortez, Wright, Ynoa, or Mesa out of the organization.

30 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I love how the Orioles have a history of keeping tabs on guys that spurned them so when their talent level drops to the point no one else will sign them they can sweep in.

I wonder if Adam Loewen could earn a spot as the LHP?

1 minute ago, backwardsk said:

Ynoa and Wright would both have to pass through waivers.  I think it's likely Castro starts at Norfolk.

I'd be good with a Feldman signing even though it would likely squeeze one of Cortez, Wright, Ynoa, or Mesa out of the organization.

Wright or Ynoa would have to clear of course. But everyone will be trying to pass guys through. I think a good scenario for us would be 

MLB- Bundy, Gausman,  Cashner, Tillman, Cortes

Brach, Givens, O’day, Castro, Bleier, Wright, Mesa Jr./Feldman/Ynoa

AAA- Ynoa, Asher, Aquino, Kelly

Ynoa clears and we add a vet type like Feldman. It might not be flashy but with a good pen and offense, you can compete. DD could really steal the offseason if he could land Lynn. Things might be aligning for that. 

4 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Wright or Ynoa would have to clear of course. But everyone will be trying to pass guys through. I think a good scenario for us would be 

MLB- Bundy, Gausman,  Cashner, Tillman, Cortes

Brach, Givens, O’day, Castro, Bleier, Wright, Mesa Jr./Feldman/Ynoa

AAA- Ynoa, Asher, Aquino, Kelly

Ynoa clears and we add a vet type like Feldman. It might not be flashy but with a good pen and offense, you can compete. DD could really steal the offseason if he could land Lynn. Things might be aligning for that. 

I can get behind that, though personally I'd have Castro in AAA getting stretched out for starter's innings.  If he blows people away in ST, he could earn the fifth starter job (I'm okay with an all righty rotation).

Archived