Orioles 5th Starter

amdcpus

Just now, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Not sure if it's from last season. He apparently had this issue before (prior to joining the Orioles) and it flared up with all the running and workouts, so it's definitely lingering.

Hmm, I may remember some incidental soreness or swelling. Don’t remember hearing it was tendinitis. That will be something to watch.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Il BuonO said:

Hmm, I may remember some incidental soreness or swelling. Don’t remember hearing it was tendinitis. That will be something to watch.

From Roch (a few weeks ago):

Second baseman Jonathan Schoop is day-to-day with bursitis in his left elbow and Miguel Castro won’t make Sunday’s start against the Red Sox in Fort Myers due to patella tendinitis in both knees. Castro also may be experiencing some back soreness because he’s been stretching out on the clubhouse floor in front of his locker.

12 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

From Roch (a few weeks ago):

Second baseman Jonathan Schoop is day-to-day with bursitis in his left elbow and Miguel Castro won’t make Sunday’s start against the Red Sox in Fort Myers due to patella tendinitis in both knees. Castro also may be experiencing some back soreness because he’s been stretching out on the clubhouse floor in front of his locker.

That’s a relief. The post to which I responded was referring to Tillman and his issues with control.

Another poster suggested the knee problem, but I think he, too, thought  my comments were regarding Castro.

I was thinking to myself, “What the heck happened to Tillman that he now has tendinitis in his knees?”

7 minutes ago, interloper said:

Castro's not out?

I'm betting he starts season on DL, knee tendinitis takes time to clear up, and pitching in 50 degree weather won't help

Let him rest and keep a rule 5 guy for at least a few more weeks, never know who gets hurt next. Tillman DFA'ed in April will open another roster spot.

Just now, webbrick2010 said:

I'm betting he starts season on DL, knee tendinitis takes time to clear up, and pitching in 50 degree weather won't help

Let him rest and keep a rule 5 guy for at least a few more weeks, never know who gets hurt next. Tillman DFA'ed in April will open another roster spot.

I mean he just pitched a bunch of innings yesterday though...

2 minutes ago, webbrick2010 said:

That Roch tweet was from a few weeks ago.  He's pitched twice since then.

Wright and Cortes  One becomes the 5th starter and the other goes in the pen for long relief.  Castro has an option and should go down and strong out as a starter.  If Tillman continues to struggle, let him go and pick up a pitcher off the waiver wires, or (hope beyond hope) sign Cobb.

1 hour ago, Il BuonO said:

That’s a relief. The post to which I responded was referring to Tillman and his issues with control.

Another poster suggested the knee problem, but I think he, too, thought  my comments were regarding Castro.

I was thinking to myself, “What the heck happened to Tillman that he now has tendinitis in his knees?”

I did think you were talking about Castro.  Tillman is scaring me.

Archived