Cobb to Orioles (Confirmed by Roch Kubatko)

Greg

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Finisher said:

If the Yankees or Dodgers weren't fighting the luxury tax, Cobb would've gotten 18-20 imo.

I like that Cashner and Cobb can "tutor" our younger arms i.e. show them different grips that work for them; give them personal approaches they have on specific hitters etc. That kind of thing is underestimated imo.

Cashner and Cobb together will make about the same average per year as Masahiro Tanaka, Jordan Zimmerman and Johnny Cueto.

Just now, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Will be nice when reporters stop tweeting "pending physical" when the Orioles sign a free agent.  

This is awesome. DD quietly has a really good offseason with both hands and feet tied behind his back. Cashner and Cobb on the best value deals out threre. Likely opening the season with 3 rule guys on the OD roster. 

Or did Brady do this?

1 minute ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I'm thinking extended spring training and we see Cobb mid-April.  

I don't see how they can do that. In my nothing opinion I'd think he has to be on the 25-man and running down the Orange Carpet from day one.

1 minute ago, sportsfan8703 said:

This is awesome. DD quietly has a really good offseason with both hands and feet tied behind his back. Cashner and Cobb on the best value deals out threre. Likely opening the season with 3 rule guys on the OD roster. 

Or did Brady do this?

Peter Angelos gets the credit on this. I know someone had to push him but it’s his money.  

2 minutes ago, MDK02 said:

Wow well done DD. One last stand boys, let’s see what we can do! I’m ready to get this show rollin’!

You should maybe phrase that better. Didn't work so well for Custer or Sam Houston...

Archived