Cobb to Orioles (Confirmed by Roch Kubatko)

Greg

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

16 minutes ago, Babypowder said:

Ranges between 46 and 85 innings, so bullpen projections it appears. None of the systems like him, only ZiPS has him under a 5 ERA. Low K rate, high walk rate, no dominant groundball rate to go with it. His ERA looked ok last season, but by all other numbers he didn't actually pitch that well.

I take projections for 23 year olds with 80 MLB innings with a massive truck-sized grain of salt.

4 minutes ago, Ripken said:

Just put $500 on the OVER for 72 wins.  I hope he passes the physical.  :)

Keep any Rule5 with promise over Wright.  I'd bet he passes through waivers.

I’d take that action. I think we’re a 78-88 win team. With about a 10-15% likelihood to go up or down in each direction 

16 minutes ago, Babypowder said:

Ranges between 46 and 85 innings, so bullpen projections it appears. None of the systems like him, only ZiPS has him under a 5 ERA. Low K rate, high walk rate, no dominant groundball rate to go with it. His ERA looked ok last season, but by all other numbers he didn't actually pitch that well.

Castro's career BB/9 is a tick below Brad Brach's, albeit is sss. I believe he will show improvement as he matures.

4 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

2019- Cobb, Bundy, Gausman, Cashner, Harvey. 

Best rotation in 20 years?  

Maybe.  Long way to go.  Suffice to say, it will be nice heading into an off season where we don't desperately need starting pitching.

1 minute ago, weams said:

Hope springs eternal, but I'm guessing Mr. Sherman isn't familiar with our outfield prospects named Hays, Mullins and Stewart, and the likelihood that Ryan Mountcastle will be an ML hitter before too long.  Adding pitching was the need not just for this year, but the next couple as well.

46 minutes ago, scOtt said:

You should maybe phrase that better. Didn't work so well for Custer or Sam Houston...

Sometimes they work out!

Only barely related to any of this but absolutely worth your time are Jake Tapper's "The Outpost" and  Clint Romesha's "Red Platoon".  Same topic but best read together in that order. 

Also Hornfischer's "Last Stand of the Tin Can Sailors"

Last stands like NOBODY'S F'ING BUSINESS!

Archived