Alex Cobb Once Saved a Stray Dog that was Running in Traffic

OFFNY

2 hours ago, ChuckS said:

12 beers an hour over five hours?  I have my suspicions about the validity of this.  

Alcohol content aside, I don't believe a 190 pound man would be able to ingest nearly that much fluid over such a short period of time.  

There is no way Wade could pretend to be this guy:

https://www.thrillist.com/vice/how-much-beer-could-andre-the-giant-drink

2 hours ago, ChuckS said:

If Cobb can finish the season with an ERA south of 5 that would be a minor miracle given his start. 

I'll take under 5.50.  

I'll bet you 5 pounds of fine Texas brisket vs five dozen jumbo male crabs (assuming you live in Maryland) that Alex Cobb finishes the season with an ERA below 4.50

8 hours ago, ChuckS said:

12 beers an hour over five hours?  I have my suspicions about the validity of this.  

Alcohol content aside, I don't believe a 190 pound man would be able to ingest nearly that much fluid over such a short period of time.  

That's the legend. The numbers of beers is also disputed by accounts, but by all accounts it was an absurd amount. "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia" did an episode in reference to it, where the gang tries to replicate it. 

On 5/19/2018 at 12:11 AM, ChuckS said:

On 5/19/2018 at 8:58 AM, Babypowder said:

That's the legend. The numbers of beers is also disputed by accounts, but by all accounts it was an absurd amount. "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia" did an episode in reference to it, where the gang tries to replicate it. 

What I read was that it wasn't beers consumed only on the aircraft, but rather the post-game locker room, the ride to the air port, a six hour flight (planes were slower back then), the ride from the airport to the hotel, and more after that. No matter how you slice it, 64 (or more - 107?!?!?!) in any amount of time for one sitting is a mind-boggling feat.

o

11 OUTS: ) 4 Groundouts, 3 Strikeouts, 2 Lineouts, 1 Popout, 1 Flyout

ALEXANDER MILLER COBB )))))))) (vs. WHITE SOX, 5/23)

IP:lll3.67

H:llll 8 ) l(1 Home Run, 1 Double, 6 Singles)

R:llll  6

BB:ll2

SO:lll3

Pitches: l) 81  )(52 )Strikes, )29)Balls)

2018 ERA: l) 7.32 )  39.33 IP  (32 ER) 

2018 WHIP: l)  1.932 )  39.33 IP  (76 H/BB) 

2018 OPPONENTS BATTING AVG: l)  .379  )(67 for 177)

PITCHES BY INNING  

16  ll(12 lStrikes, lll41 llBalls)

10  lll(61 llStrikes, lll41 llBalls)

30  lll(19 llStrikes, ll11 llllBalls)

25  lll(15 llStrikes, ll10 llllBalls) ) *

* )) Cobb recorded 2 outs before departing the game in the 4th inning.

o

4 hours ago, bpilktree67 said:

He has been brutal most of his starts this year.   Pitchers need to be in camp on time imo or they are playing catch up all year.

I'm not sure it works like that.  He's gotten his Spring Training innings at this point and then some. 

I think you can blame his April starts on missing Spring Training, but it's getting towards the end of May.