TT: Pitching staff just about complete

Tony-OH

1 hour ago, Tony-OH said:

I was looking up Rodriguez and what I found indicates he still has an option so if the Orioles put him on the 540-man they can still option him this year. I'm sure someone better at this then me can confirm or deny this.

I agree though if he can't be optioned, I think Scott will get that last role because he can be optioned.

Ah ok, thanks, I had heard he was out of options.  He was DFA'ed twice last year (by Philly and Texas, https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/baseball/news/orioles-joely-rodriguez-inks-minors-deal-with-orioles/), which seems a bit weird for a guy that actually still had an option available.  Obviously would be great, though, if he does have an option left.  Does anyone know a good place to check on that?  I checked BBRef and they didn't have the info readily available, though perhaps I missed it.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, ReclaimTheCrown said:

Ah ok, thanks, I had heard he was out of options.  He was DFA'ed twice last year (by Philly and Texas, https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/baseball/news/orioles-joely-rodriguez-inks-minors-deal-with-orioles/), which seems a bit weird for a guy that actually still had an option available.  Obviously would be great, though, if he does have an option left.  Does anyone know a good place to check on that?  I checked BBRef and they didn't have the info readily available, though perhaps I missed it.

Roster resource has him with none, but it would be great if they are wrong.

4 minutes ago, ReclaimTheCrown said:

I'm checking with the Orioles to get a for sure answer.

11 minutes ago, VaBird1 said:

Roster resource has him with none, but it would be great if they are wrong.

9 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

I'm checking with the Orioles to get a for sure answer.

7 minutes ago, scOtt said:

I think Roch wrote yesterday he had an option. Britt said he didn't. O's would know for sure.

Mass option confusion!  Thanks all, interesting to hear when we have ground truth.  Joely could be a really interesting piece if he was optionable this year.  Obviously would just have to be more cautious in picking a spot for him if he doesn't. 

Ok, just got word from someone within the organization that Rodriguez is out of options. that means it's doubtful he will make the club out of spring training unless they are confident he will stick after Cobb returns.

This would seem to indicate that Scott could get the nod on opening day but could be optioned when Cobb is ready.

2 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Ok, just got word from someone within the organization that Rodriguez is out of options. that means it's doubtful he will make the club out of spring training unless they are confident he will stick after Cobb returns.

This would seem to indicate that Scott could get the nod on opening day but could be optioned when Cobb is ready.

Does Joely have an opt out or anything that would prevent him from accepting a milb assignment?

5 minutes ago, Luke-OH said:

Does Joely have an opt out or anything that would prevent him from accepting a milb assignment?

I haven't heard of one. I doubt it. He's not coming off a good year and doesn't have the major league time built up to demand that.

1 hour ago, Tony-OH said:

Wouldn't the lack of option make it more likely that he makes the 25, so we don't have to lose him? If we go north with Joely, Scott is the backup plan. If Scott makes the club and we lose Joely, there is no backup plan.

Archived