2019 Oriole Life after Buck

Redskins Rick

Just now, wildcard said:

Well, clearly its not awkward for you.   But Dan and Buck have to work with each other for the rest on the season. It may be awkward for them.   Especially if Dan wants to stay.

How much do they really have to work together during the season?

And if I am right in assuming that Dan won't be back, he probably already knows it anyway.   So the awkwardness is already kind of there, the only difference is that if we extended Buck Dan would know he's not back and that Buck will be.   Right now I'll bet Dan is pretty sure he wont' be back and he's pretty sure Buck will be back if Buck wants to be back.

So maybe it ramps the awkwardness up 10% on the Awkward Scale.   Not a big deal IMO.  

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I had to put money on it, I would say 70% chance Buck is the O's manager for 2019 and beyond, 25% chance he moves into the FO, 3% chance he manages another ball club and 2% chance he retires.

As far as DD is concerned, who knows, does he want to stick around with Brady as the defacto GM? Does Brady want to be the actual GM? All I know is, I'm going to enjoy this season and will see what happens next off-season when that comes around.

2 minutes ago, SteveA said:

How much do they really have to work together during the season?

And if I am right in assuming that Dan won't be back, he probably already knows it anyway.   So the awkwardness is already kind of there, the only difference is that if we extended Buck Dan would know he's not back and that Buck will be.   Right now I'll bet Dan is pretty sure he wont' be back and he's pretty sure Buck will be back if Buck wants to be back.

So maybe it ramps the awkwardness up 10% on the Awkward Scale.   Not a big deal IMO.  

They work with each other every day during the season.  Call ups, waiver claim.  replacing injured players,   promotion  of minor leaguers.   Later in the season - trades. 

Its more involved then who is in which job.  Its what responsibility each has next year.   Its complicated. 

8 minutes ago, O's are Legends said:

If I had to put money on it, I would say 70% chance Buck is the O's manager for 2019 and beyond, 25% chance he moves into the FO, 3% chance he manages another ball club and 2% chance he retires.

As far as DD is concerned, who knows, does he want to stick around with Brady as the defacto GM? Does Brady want to be the actual GM? All I know is, I'm going to enjoy this season and will see what happens next off-season when that comes around.

So you don't think there is a chance he goes back to TV?

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

So you don't think there is a chance he goes back to TV?

Didn't think about that much; I think if he's going to be in the game next season it's going to be as a mangaer or in the FO. I believe Buck wants to stick around the game for a while longer.

14 hours ago, Frobby said:

Why would anyone dislike Duquette?    I dislike some of his tactics, like not returning phone calls from coaches whose contracts are up for renewal and agents for players who have contractual uncertainties.     But the guy has done a decent job here, at a minimum.    

I totally agree, I dont like his tactics.

I respect his not using the media to get his aggenda.

But I am sure, you have seen the hate of DD in this forum and other social media sites, if you are in those as well.

The guy is far from perfect, but he has done a good job here, given his working conditions.

Archived