So what’s the deal with the pies?

Rene88

On March 29, 2018 at 10:10 PM, capyy said:

Trumbo is the only one I've seen look upset after a pie.

Ryan Flaherty didn't like it. I remember him looking stone-faced after a pie and muttering to the laughing interviewer that it had gotten old.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, Old#5fan said:

Markakis was not a fan of pie facing either as nobody ever pied him to my knowledge. I am with the view that it is sort of stupid and unprofessional. 

I think it’s run its course.    To my recollection, it started in 2009 and was mostly a prank used on the many rookies who debuted that year the first time they had an on-field interview after a game.    It was fun for a few years, but it’s time to move on.

17 hours ago, Old#5fan said:

Markakis was not a fan of pie facing either as nobody ever pied him to my knowledge. I am with the view that it is sort of stupid and unprofessional. 

Markakis was pied.   What was the game that Adam Jones pied all the fans?  I am pretty sure Jones pied Markakis during that pie spectacular. 

3 minutes ago, atomic said:

Markakis was pied.   What was the game that Adam Jones pied all the fans?  I am pretty sure Jones pied Markakis during that pie spectacular. 

That was the day they clinched the division title in 2014.

8 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

I thought he just handed Markakis the pie.

I distinctly recall one time where it looked like Nick was about to get pied and it was indeed just handed to him. Although my memory anymore shares a similarity to the wind - it comes and goes!

Archived