2018 Kevin Gausman

Il BuonO

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From the article:

Whereas, I think as a young pitcher, you are always told to kind of take it easy early in spring, especially when you keep having career highs and all the innings limits and the things that come with being a young starting pitcher in this game.

Interesting, could this be a tell as to why the O's can't effectively develop pitching?  We aren't letting these kids compete at a  young age?  Maybe treating them delicately causes them to pitch like snowflakes?

You know Cashner is gonna compete his ass off and so is Cobb. 

I like this.  You can hear Cashner's influence in Gausman's words.  Maybe Cashner can be a guy that lights a fire under this staff.  Hopefully Cobb and Cashner make or other starters better through competition.

“More than anything, I just wanna be that next guy that kids can watch in Colorado and see that I’m doing it. And I think that’s why I picked his number more than anything. I don’t want people to forget about what Roy did for us kids in Colorado.”

Could be a big year for Gaus.  Sometimes people need that emotional charge to break past barriers in their physical performance.  Sleeper Cy Young candidate?

o

12 OUTS: ) 5 Strikeouts, 3 Flyouts, 1 Groundouts, 1 Popout, 1 Foulout, 1 Lineout

K.J. GAUSMAN )))))))) (vs. TWINS, 4/01)

IP:llll4

H:lll l) l(3 Home Runs, 2 Doubles, 2 Singles)

R:llll  6

BB:l.2

SO:l.5

Pitches: l) 73  )(46)Strikes, )27)Balls)

2017 ERA: l) 13.50  )  4.00 IP  (6 ER H/BB) 

2017 WHIP: l) 2.250  )  4.00 IP  (9 H/BB) 

2017 OPPONENTS BATTING AVG: l) .350 )(7 for 20)

PITCHES BY INNING

25 ll(15 llStrikes, ll10 llllBalls)

81 lll(51 llStrikes, lll31 lllBalls)

21 lll(12 llStrikes, lll91 lllBalls)

19 lll(14 llStrikes, llll51 ll.Balls)

o

"I went from starting opening day to, you know, at the break, to be honest, was a little lost. Had to fight my way through the whole year to find out what it was. Whether it was mechanically or mentally. I figured it out, but it took me a little while." 

Yeah, right. 

Meet the new Gausman... Same as the old Gausman. 

Just wish we could have traded him in the offseason (along with Brach). Similar "presentation," as Buck would say. Which makes it all the more surprising they stick with them and keep expecting better results.

Archived