Twins bash Gausman, win 7-0

Tony-OH

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, NashLumber said:

I agree. A six run lead is not insurmountable late. Rallies do happen. I think trying to get back in the game overrules “the code”. 

Exactly. And this may be the first instance in all my years of watching baseball that I saw someone mad that someone broke up a one-hitter. 

All I know is that in the 9th, I looked up to see what the game clock said, remembered that there isn't one, and that there is always a chance until out 27. You make the most of your at bats until the very end. 

1 minute ago, LookitsPuck said:

I don’t get Dozier’s sanctimony. It’s a 1 hitter. Yes, the O’s could still rally. Very unlikely, but screw Dozier and Berrios if they think they’re entitled to a 1 hitter.

Don't shift with a six run lead in the ninth.

Problem solved.

Now, every team knows that Sisco can lay down a quality bunt against the shift.  That might be to his benefit over the course of the season.

48 minutes ago, thatbearflies said:

*sigh* Baseball sometimes...

I don't care what Dozier or Berrios thinks. Why are they shifting with a 6 run lead then? If the game is obviously over. If Dozier would have said something to Sisco, as a veteran on the O's I'd tell Sisco good job and Dozier to mind his own Damn business.

23 minutes ago, NashLumber said:

I agree. A six run lead is not insurmountable late. Rallies do happen. I think trying to get back in the game overrules “the code”. 

What's the "code" for a seven run lead? B| That's what the Twins had at the time. #askingforafriend

Dozier goes on the list of jerks.   Taking note.   Retribution will come.   Sisco did what hitters should do EVERY doggone time.   Then let's see the "cool" "veteran" strategists that have made these shifts the norm....well, they would take a different look.  I tell you one thing.   Rod Carew would have hit 1.000 if this nonsense had been back in the day.  

30 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Don't shift with a six run lead in the ninth.

Problem solved.

Now, every team knows that Sisco can lay down a quality bunt against the shift.  That might be to his benefit over the course of the season.

Couldn’t agree more.    

I'd rather Sisco as a young player learn to take what a team gives you and never quit. Just because they are behind by a large margin, doesn't mean Sisco should stop learning.

Dozier gets knocked on his ass next time they play if I'm pitching. There's another code...dont call out my guy in the media 

I was listening to the Twins broadcast of the game, and when Sisco bunted, Dick Bremer said, “Really?” But Blyleven said he didn’t have a problem with it, since the Twins did the same thing earlier and that if they’re going to shift you should be able to bunt. “I’m fine with it,” he said as Davis came to the plate, “now just get a double play.”

Dozier needs to back off. It wasn’t a no-hitter.

Archived