Anyone else slowly growing tired with Buck?

Rene88

4 minutes ago, Drifter said:

If the O's have a rough April.. and are already having major issues keeping up with the division, I'd say keep Santander.. jettison Rasmus, Alvarez.. and anyone else that is a stopgap. Move forward with the young players.

As for Buck... the thing that has really irked me over the last couple of years has been his devotion to players that are not producing. I find some of the love for them is way too far over the top, and could backfire very easy.

I think that's the major reason he's worn out his welcome at other venues also.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Rene88 said:

Good post here and completely agree on Alvarez (he has been so loyal and patient but....) and Rasmus. Hays belongs on this team. The fact he is in AA Bowie is even more puzzling...

He definitely sticks with people and things(e.g-CD leading off) too long and if it doesn't work, sticks with it longer.

And where the F has Danny V been?

How long is/was too long?  

PS

asking for a friend

I know it sounds crazy but maybe all these (for lack of better words) dumb decisions by Buck are because he knows he's gone and just doesn't care anymore. Just going through the motions. I've always thought he was a bit odd but like I said in a different thread I'm looking forward to someone else managing the O's.

3 minutes ago, gtman55 said:

I know it sounds crazy but maybe all these (for lack of better words) dumb decisions by Buck are because he knows he's gone and just doesn't care anymore. Just going through the motions. I've always thought he was a bit odd but like I said in a different thread I'm looking forward to someone else managing the O's.

You must be kidding.

That grand slam inning sucked but I'm ok with the rule 5 guys taking some lumps in pressure situations early. There's already ground to make up but it's a long season and those guys could be key pieces down the road if the starting pitching comes together.

The bullpen is already worn out, thanks to Cashner, Gausman and Tillman. And then Givens didn't hold the lead. Can't blame the bullpen usage last night on Buck. He went with who was available.

However, I do hope this is his last season and we let whoever the GM is going to be pick his own manager. This decision by committee stuff has gotten very old.

Did we really take our best 25 north?  Other than Cobb falling in our laps, did we look like a team trying to contend this year?  That’s not on Buck.  

Our best 25,

Bundy, Cobb, Gausman, Cashner, Hunter Harvey

Brach, Givens, O’day, Castro, Bleier, Wright, Joely Rodriguez, Nestor Cortes

Sisco, Machado, Schoop, Jones, Mancini, Beckham, Mullins/Hays, Santander, Davis 

Joseph, Gentry, Valencia

8 man pen, 3 man bench.  Davis batting 9th. No Tillman, Rasmus, Arajuo, or Pedro. Joely makes it.  Hunter Harvey.  

7 hours ago, 24fps said:

Everything will be much better once Buck sobers up.  Is there any rational explanation for consistently batting Chris Davis leadoff other than binge drinking?

Now that's funny.

7 hours ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

No, taking Wright out was the correct move there. The bullpen usage yesterday and today screwed them.

Wright had not pitched since March 22nd. He was not stretched out as much as some others. His last game vs Boston he came in relief and did not start. The bullpen is  tough because only two guys have options.They are now saying the bullpen is tired. They have played five games with an off day. Bullpen tiring already is sad. i am not sure you can have two Rule V guys in the bullpen if you really want to contend . Palmer sort of said it after the game .i think when Cobb comes back that one of the Rule V guys will be cut.

Archived