The Moesquito!

Frobby

Dent made it to Bowie with the O's and then spent a year with the Dodgers AA squad.  He ended his career in 2002 in independent ball.  It appears that in 2016 he was arrested after masterminding a series of "smash and grab" robberies of jewelry stores in southern California, stealing $6million in Rolex watches and other jewelry.  Amazing what you can find with the google machine. 

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-nine-indicted-rolex-theft-20160616-snap-story.html

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/6/2018 at 11:08 PM, Frobby said:

I don’t know if Kirvin Moesquit is nicknamed the Moesquito, but he should be.    He’s 5’8”, 165 pounds and a pest on the bases.   Tonight he got 4 hits and stole 4 bases (2B three times and 3B once).     Should be a fun guy to follow at Delmarva.

He told me he would use the nickname "MoeMoney" if MiLB did a Player's Weekend.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

On 8/10/2018 at 3:18 PM, NCRaven said:

Dent made it to Bowie with the O's and then spent a year with the Dodgers AA squad.  He ended his career in 2002 in independent ball.  It appears that in 2016 he was arrested after masterminding a series of "smash and grab" robberies of jewelry stores in southern California, stealing $6million in Rolex watches and other jewelry.  Amazing what you can find with the google machine. 

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-nine-indicted-rolex-theft-20160616-snap-story.html

It seems like that left a Dent to this reputation. ?

• 4 months later...
12 hours ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Really wish they would have a foot race in Spring Training between McKenna, Hall, Moesquit, and Mullins.

What distance?   And do they have to hit a baseball first?     Or get a lead off a pitcher?

• 5 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• You said it, it depends on the prospects to Texas to complete the trade (if Texas sells).  This should be the type of pitcher Elias pursues.  Hall of Fame pitcher who is still effective.  Given that he is a free agent after the season and will cost $10 to $12 million for the remainder of the season, they should not have to give up any of the big 4 propsects.  
    • In terms of energy?   e = 1/2 mv^2 football: 60 mph -> 26.8 m/s, 14.5 oz = .411 kg.  1/2 * (26.8^2) * .411 = 147.5 joules. baseball: 102 mph -> 45.59 m/s, 5 oz = .142 kg.  1/2 * (45.59^2) * .142 = 147.5 joules.   I don't think they're 100% equivalent - I think the higher raw speed on the arm of a 102 mph pitch introduces more stress on the arm than a 60 mph football throw.  But they're not that far off.
    • There is no chance that over 60 mph for a QB is the equivalent of 102.  QBs do not train for velocity like pitchers do. 
    • I would prefer they ask for Jon Gray in spite of the Orioles destroying him in his last start - he wouldn't have to face the Orioles lineup again.
    • He makes $43 million this year. The Mets are paying $21 million of that. I don’t think we pick up the remaining $10+ post deadline for 10-12 starts. It would just depend on what Texas would ask for to pick up the tab. 
    • Haynie on 105.7, has been beating the Luis Robert drum for months on the O’s pre game show. So I think that’s why people like the idea of Robert. Robert also is always hurt.  We need a bat. Probably a RH bat to DH in the playoffs versus a LH SP. That bat is Mayo. It’s just hard to get Mayo up before September when we get the extra roster spot. 
    • Holliday went 1 for 2 with 3 walks on Friday night. 2024: .444 OBP, .911 OPS MiLB Career: .447 OBP, .931 OPS His OBP is EXACTLY what this O's team needs, would fill a key offensive weakness at 2nd base, help grind opposing pitching, and magnify the power up and down the lineup.  It's all dependent on his ability to throw and play 2B at a passable level. If Holliday starts to hit at the ML level, the question of who bats leadoff is over for the foreseeable future and we can go back to complaining about 1 slumping hitter or backup catcher at the bottom of the lineup.
  • Popular Contributors