The Orioles Bullpen, 2018

OFFNY

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Diehard_O's_Fan said:

Mychal Givens was an absolute beast tonight. His play at home plate was unbelievable. It will probably be the defense play of the year. Fantastic job tonight, Mychal.

o

o

12 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

o

o

You know ........ if you block home plate with your balls, I don't think that there is an umpire on the planet that would have the heart to overturn the call.

o

12 hours ago, Diehard_O's_Fan said:

Mychal Givens was an absolute beast tonight. His play at home plate was unbelievable. It will probably be the defense play of the year. Fantastic job tonightMychal.

12 hours ago, OFFNY said:

o

o

o

The play was mildly reminiscent of Jonathan Schoop's linebacker play in the 2014 ALDS against the Tigers.

o

15 hours ago, OFFNY said:

o

(vs. YANKEES, 4/06)

Thank you.

o

o

(vs. YANKEES, 4/06)

Bleier followed up yesterday's solid effort with another one today ........ he threw only 4 pitches and got 2 outs, on an inning-ending double play.

Yacabonis was bad, and whatever chances that the Orioles had to win the game went out the window when he coughed up the 3 runs that he did today ........ but at least he ate a full inning, which was part of the reason why the Orioles brought him up from AAA-Norfolk.

Cortes' scoreless inning in the 9th wasn't great, but at least he (along with Yacabonis) saved the rest of the bullpen from having to be used in the process.

o

50 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

(vs. YANKEES, 4/06)

Bleier followed up yesterday's solid effort with another one today ........ he threw only 4 pitches and got 2 outs, on an inning-ending double play.

Yacabonis was bad, and whatever chances that the Orioles had to win the game went out the window when he coughed up the 3 runs that he did today ........ but at least he ate a full inning, which was part of the reason why the Orioles brought him up from AAA-Norfolk.

Cortes' scoreless inning in the 9th wasn't great, but at least he (along with Yacabonis) saved the rest of the bullpen from having to be used in the process.

o

Yac just doesn't have an out pitch.  He seems like he has some "stuff," but not enough to really emerge past a AAAA player. I think Cortes may be shipped back soon.  Not a bad chance to take on the Rule V, but not seeing enough out of him to keep.  Did we not learn our lesson from holding on to TJ McFarland for 4 years too many.

On 4/7/2018 at 12:49 AM, OFFNY said:

o

(vs. YANKEES, 4/06)

Thank you.

o

o

(vs. YANKEES, 4/08)

This is one time in which I am THRILLED to be repeating myself so soon afterwards.

Thank you.

o

o

(vs. BLUE JAYS, 4/11)

3 shutout innings from Richard Bleier, Darren O'Day, and Brad Brach.

They cumulatively ceded only 1 hit (a Single), 0 Walks, and had 2 Strikeouts.

The cumulatively needed )41 Pitches )(24 )Strikes, 17 )Balls) )to record the 9 outs that they did.

o

I heard on the radio that tonight was the first game all year in which the bullpen did not allow a run.    That’s a bit misleading considering the number of innings they’ve had to cover, but still a bit shocking. 

Archived