This team is cooked

LookitsPuck

I'll go on the record.

A team that is fielding guys like Engelb Vielma, pinch hits a blackhole of an offensive player like Caleb Joseph for Luis Sardinas and then has multiple Rule V guys (or recent Rule V guys) clogging up the roster is not a recipe for success.

One of the best offensive players (who also was struggling) is on the DL in Schoop. 

Aside from Machado and Mancini...and recently Pedro Alvarez...most of the team is batting under .250 or has an OPS well under .700.

There is no team speed.

The Manny Machado to SS and insert-random-person-here at 3B has been an utter failure.

Chris Davis looks like a little leaguer and is showing no signs of turning it around.

The bullpen has *1* effective/reliable arm in Richard Bleier. Everybody else has taken major steps back (Givens, Brach) or have been erratic and already has blown games (Darren O'Day). Britton is at least a month away and even *he* was erratic last year when he came back.

The defense is poor especially at catcher.

The only bright spot...and this is truly shocking...is the rotation. Which even though it's not great, it's at least serviceable.

This team is outmatched in nearly every single facet compared to the likes of the Red Sox and Yankees. They look worse than the Rays.

This team won't sniff a Wild Card. They'll be lucky to even hit a .500 record. They're beginning to look more like a 69 win team. 

Can somebody counter the above? 

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dempsey talking about how this team is going to make a "comeback".  What team is he watching?

I know a lot of it has been bad luck and poor performance, but I place part of the blame on Manny "I want to place SS because it's best for me" and Jones "I'm no longer a team leader."  The O's of the last few seasons were always better than their talent said they were.  This year's team is less than the sum of the parts.

The team has been terrible too.

1 minute ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Dempsey talking about how this team is going to make a "comeback".  What team is he watching?

I know a lot of it has been bad luck and poor performance, but I place part of the blame on Manny "I want to place SS because it's best for me" and Jones "I'm no longer a team leader."  The O's of the last few seasons were always better than their talent said they were.  This year's team is less than the sum of the parts.

The team has been terrible too.

Well Manny shouldn't get to decide what position he plays. He can say he wants to play Shortstop and Buck could say you are playing 3rd base.  Conversation over. 

11 minutes ago, atomic said:

Well Manny shouldn't get to decide what position he plays. He can say he wants to play Shortstop and Buck could say you are playing 3rd base.  Conversation over. 

I guess Buck feels Manny is the best SS on the team.

25 minutes ago, LookitsPuck said:

I'll go on the record.

A team that is fielding guys like Engelb Vielma, pinch hits a blackhole of an offensive player like Caleb Joseph for Luis Sardinas and then has multiple Rule V guys (or recent Rule V guys) clogging up the roster is not a recipe for success.

One of the best offensive players (who also was struggling) is on the DL in Schoop. 

Aside from Machado and Mancini...and recently Pedro Alvarez...most of the team is batting under .250 or has an OPS well under .700.

There is no team speed.

The Manny Machado to SS and insert-random-person-here at 3B has been an utter failure.

Chris Davis looks like a little leaguer and is showing no signs of turning it around.

The bullpen has *1* effective/reliable arm in Richard Bleier. Everybody else has taken major steps back (Givens, Brach) or have been erratic and already has blown games (Darren O'Day). Britton is at least a month away and even *he* was erratic last year when he came back.

The defense is poor especially at catcher.

The only bright spot...and this is truly shocking...is the rotation. Which even though it's not great, it's at least serviceable.

This team is outmatched in nearly every single facet compared to the likes of the Red Sox and Yankees. They look worse than the Rays.

This team won't sniff a Wild Card. They'll be lucky to even hit a .500 record. They're beginning to look more like a 69 win team. 

Can somebody counter the above? 

They are done. They be cooked. 

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

I still think Buck makes it until the end of the season unless he quits before then.

Getting rid of Buck isn't going to turn this team into a contender.

You can't fire all the players.....I'll go on the record.....unless we see a dramatic turn around, Buck will be fired before June 1st. It will be the start of the 2019 rebuild. 

Archived