When Trumbo is ready....

wildcard

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Santander down. Trumbo up. That’s what I predict. Gentry will be the everyday RF. 

I can see Trumbo getting a few starts in RF.I think Rasmus will never be back.That would be some quick outfield.Trumbo,Mancini and Jones. Then Bordick will say on the telecast that Buck is a stickler for defense and fundamentals.

32 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Santander down. Trumbo up. That’s what I predict. Gentry will be the everyday RF. 

Nope..they are not losing Santander after all this...Trumbo up....no longer will have DH atbats to go around...they have virtually no good options.   Releasing Davis is impossible but would be the best baseball move.  Probably Valencia as he effectively has no position given how awful he has been in the field....it would let us keep Pedro as another guy with no position.  We have soooo many guys that are basically DHs. 

11 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

Nope..they are not losing Santander after all this...Trumbo up....no longer will have DH atbats to go around...they have virtually no good options.   Releasing Davis is impossible but would be the best baseball move.  Probably Valencia as he effectively has no position given how awful he has been in the field....it would let us keep Pedro as another guy with no position.  We have soooo many guys that are basically DHs. 

The way these guys are playing they have all good options. Valencia brings nothing to the team.  Satander  brings nothing to the team.   Gentry is back up centrrfieldet so he is safe. 

1 minute ago, atomic said:

The way these guys are playing they have all good options. Valencia brings nothing to the team.  Satander  brings nothing to the team.   Gentry is back up centrrfieldet so he is safe. 

Santander goes nowhere until he can be optioned which would be May 12th if my calculating is correct.  It would be really dumb to send him back now after all this time. 

Rasmus will also be coming back at some point.  Which makes it even more of a mess. 

Just now, tntoriole said:

Santander goes nowhere until he can be optioned which would be May 12th if my calculating is correct.  It would be really dumb to send him back now after all this time. 

Rasmus will also be coming back at some point.  Which makes it even more of a mess. 

That is 3 more weeks.  By that point the season will be over if we continue to lose.  Haven't seen anything to make me believe Satander is worth keeping. 

1 minute ago, atomic said:

That is 3 more weeks.  By that point the season will be over if we continue to lose.  Haven't seen anything to make me believe Satander is worth keeping. 

That could be said about a lot of players on this roster.   A full season at Norfolk or Bowie will only help Santander who is only 23.  This season is not going to turn around on whether Anthony Santander stays for another couple of weeks.    

24 minutes ago, atomic said:

Its over.  It was over before it started.  This was never a competitive team.  As I have noted in another thread the Blue Jays have just vastly out performed the Orioles organizationally over the last three years and the Red Sox spent $80 million more on their roster.  

No sense it getting rid of a player that has shown progress for nothing.  And it's not three weeks.  It was somewhere around 45 service days at the begining of the season.

Archived