Our Own Jeff Maier?

bobmc

1 minute ago, weams said:

I did not bring him up. Nor do I troll him. "Why can't a kid go to a game? Huh, Why can't he?"

How do you feel about the Nats recalling Mark Reynolds today?

edit: I pray they don’t put him at 3b

2 minutes ago, Rene88 said:

How do you feel about the Nats recalling Mark Reynolds today?

edit: I pray they don’t put him at 3b

Mark Reynolds is a fine, fine man. He's a third baseman after a fashion. 

I didn't see every Baltimore media outlet lionizing this youngster, who clearly was not interfering, btw. The MFY's dirty cheater was hailed a hero, appearing on every TV show that is shot in NY from Good Morning America to The Late Show with Letterman. The way every single TV host kissed that miscreant child's ass was one of the weirdest, most indefensible things I have witnessed in the history of broadcast history, not counting propaganda news. Seriously, did not one host, exec or producer say to herself or himself:

"Hey, why are we praising a cheater on TV? Is this who we are as New Yorkers, so morally bankrupt that we celebrate illegal and unethical activity as long as it benefits us? What about the other 97% of the country? Do they think we broadcasters are on firm moral ground when coronating the cheater on television? Or might they possibly think there is something wrong with us publicly extolling the virtues of cheating?

Exactly. The consequences to the game, the series, and the 96 Orioles were bad enough. But watching the kid celebrated for days after, for cheating, was too much. 

You've got someone like Steve Bartman, who didn't even do anything wrong, made into a pariah and getting death threats, but Maier is the "Angel in the Outfield" according to the media. Screw Maier now and forever. 

Archived