Orioles: Most inept organization in all of profesional sports?

foxfield

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, El Gordo said:

Scott Feldman, Jake Peavy, RA Dickey, and Matt Garza. Any of them worth kicking the tires? Dickey would be great if he still wants to pitch.

Isn't Garza hurt?

And I believe Peavy may have said he is done.   Not to say he couldn't be talked out of it.

Realize that any of those guys would be a longterm solution.   I doubt any of them would be able to get ready to join the rotation before mid to late May if we signed them today.

Aquino is better than both at this point I would think.  I don’t think he is particularly good, but can probably pitch four or five innings and keep you in the game most days.  He is the only one I can think of that doesn’t have developmental stuff to work on.  He might not be great, but I do think he is a finished product at this point.

Tiilman needs to spend some time up at Driveline in Seattle.  I’m sure the Orioles are probably against throwing with weighted balls but many guys have gone there to get their velocity back as well as get their spin rate up.  I’ve talked to a few old school scouts around here in Portland who admit that the science is legit.  Indians pitcher Trevor Bauer loves the place.

53 minutes ago, OregonBird said:

Tiilman needs to spend some time up at Driveline in Seattle.  I’m sure the Orioles are probably against throwing with weighted balls but many guys have gone there to get their velocity back as well as get their spin rate up.  I’ve talked to a few old school scouts around here in Portland who admit that the science is legit.  Indians pitcher Trevor Bauer loves the place.

Didn't Britton do something like this after he injured his shoulder and then transitioned from starter to closer? 

12 hours ago, RZNJ said:

Buck and Tillman really expected us to believe that crap about not having a normal offseason last year as the reason he sucked ALL year long.   The truth is in the numbers.  He used to be a guy who had a 2:1 strikeout to walk ratio.   Last year it was basically 1:1.   That doesn't happen by accident.    He is damaged goods and he's actually gotten worse.    The Orioles and their doctors knew Tillman better than any team in baseball coming into this year and decided to waste 3M bucks on him.  Phew!    Tillman is toast.   Probably needs shoulder surgery or just plain old retirement.    You take Castro and see what he can do for 5-6 innings while guys like Hess and Harvey are proving themselves in the minors.    Mike Wright should be released as well or at least sent down and exposed to waivers.     Gotta really wonder about a lot of the major decisions that have been made by this team.    With all that said, the rotation has the potential to be at least average.

If Castro could go 5-6 innings they would have used him in that role by now. Wright at least isnt injured. Hess will probably be given a look by mid-season unless someone can step up.  Its a #5 were talking about, not like its the end of the world, but still awful that Tillman has 3 starts already. 

12 hours ago, TINSTAAPP said:

Harvey would probably be ready by now if the organization had him go under the knife in 2015. Instead, they wasted 14 months for him to "get better" before he went underwent Tommy John surgery. 14 months completely down the drain for nothing. And now they can't use him when they really need him. What a joke. 

Then why did they bring Harvey up if he wasn't ready? This organization has to the worst run in MLB. 

Archived