2018 Trade Deadline

Yardball85

54 minutes ago, Lucky_13 said:

Their package would have to be headlined by Jon Duplantier. Not sure what else they have to offer 

They don't seem to have the star headliner, but I'd be interested in a Duplantier, Widener, Ellis package, maybe with a lottery ticket or two thrown in from their lower levels.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Oriol3s said:

They don't seem to have the star headliner, but I'd be interested in a Duplantier, Widener, Ellis package, maybe with a lottery ticket or two thrown in from their lower levels.

Kristan Robinson is a guy who isn’t a household name yet, but could be a top 50 prospect this time next year.

3 hours ago, Luke-OH said:

Kristan Robinson is a guy who isn’t a household name yet, but could be a top 50 prospect this time next year.

Yup, he jumped out at me when I perused their top prospect list today.  What about him and Daulton Varsho for Manny? 

Not sure if O'Day will have much trade  value if they decide to trade him. First the arm injury when someone ran into it ans now  spikes caught. He has had some freak injuries. But not like the Cubs reliever who got hurt taking off his pants.

Darren O’Day hasn’t pitched since Friday because of a sore hamstring. He caught his spike, apparently, and remained unavailable last night. A post-game bullpen session was supposed to let the Orioles know whether he might need a return trip to the disabled list.

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2018/06/more-roster-changes-coming-for-orioles.html

1 minute ago, Going Underground said:

Not sure if O'Day will have much trade  value if they decide to trade him. First the arm injury when someone ran into it ans now  spikes caught. He has had some freak injuries. But not like the Cubs reliever who got hurt taking off his pants.

Darren O’Day hasn’t pitched since Friday because of a sore hamstring. He caught his spike, apparently, and remained unavailable last night. A post-game bullpen session was supposed to let the Orioles know whether he might need a return trip to the disabled list.

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2018/06/more-roster-changes-coming-for-orioles.html

He’s really become a Glass Man the last couple of years.    

3 minutes ago, Frobby said:

He’s really become a Glass Man the last couple of years.    

One of Brady's signings. He was all set to go to the Nationals and at the last minute he decided to stay.

The Nationals lost out on top free agent reliever Darren O’Day, who agreed Sunday to return to the Orioles on a four-year, $31-million deal pending a physical, according to multiple reports. O’Day, one of the best setup men in baseball the past few years, was down to a choice between the Nationals and Orioles. And according to the Baltimore Sun, O’Day was close to agreeing to come to D.C. on Friday, but the Orioles swooped in with an 11th-hour offer of a fourth year despite the Nationals offering more per year.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/nationals-journal/wp/2015/12/06/nationals-lose-out-as-darren-oday-heads-back-to-orioles/?utm_term=.e175cec34450

16 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

@!##%@&^^#**()&)%)&*$&^%@%!^%*#($

Make Hulk want to smash.........

9 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

Which is really strange, since he had been pretty much an iron horse before.

I wasn't crazy about the deal, TBH.  If they were going to give a contact like that to a non-closer, they should've given it to Miller the prior year and let O'Day leave after '15.

4 minutes ago, esmd said:

I wasn't crazy about the deal, TBH.  If they were going to give a contact like that to a non-closer, they should've given it to Miller the prior year and let O'Day leave after '15.

By the time the O’Day decision was made, Miller was water under the bridge.   The Miller contract and also the prices paid for other relievers in 2014-15 and after changed the market.   That said, O’Day (4/$31 mm) didn’t get as much money as Miller (4/$36 mm), and Miller turned down even more money (4/$40 mm) from the Astros to sign with New York.   

5 minutes ago, esmd said:

Keep in mind, Miller wanted the limelight of the closer role. Which was already filled here.

10 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

Keep in mind, Miller wanted the limelight of the closer role. Which was already filled here.

Are you sure?  He moved over for Chapman in NY without a fuss, and I don't think he's closing in Cleveland, is he?

5 minutes ago, esmd said:

Are you sure?  He moved over for Chapman in NY without a fuss, and I don't think he's closing in Cleveland, is he?

Its what the media reported, so no, really never ever sure about anything.

But, O'Day also signed for half of what Miller signed for. 4.5 mil vs 9 mil.

Archived