Nightingale: Dodgers in lead for Manny

Rene88

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Hotdiggity said:

The Dodger bullpen gave up 10 runs (not a misprint) in the span of 2.1 innings to the Cubs today. How’s Machado’s curveball?

Better yet, how good is Chris Davis’ curveball?  He has one career one notched on his belt.  It’s time to add some more.  ?

The sad part of all of this is that before the Orioles recalled Sisoo, that Manny was the youngest position player on the Orioles. Starters and reserves.  Plus Tillman will start for Norfolk on Sunday. Looking to be back around the middle of July. Can't wait.We get older not better. Oriole  Tragic.

30 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

The sad part of all of this is that before the Orioles recalled Sisoo, that Manny was the youngest position player on the Orioles. Starters and reserves.  Plus Tillman will start for Norfolk on Sunday. Looking to be back around the middle of July. Can't wait.We get older not better. Oriole  Tragic.

I'm pretty much numb to the current level of suckitude going on, but there are three things that could take the suffering to the next level. In no particular order...

- Not selling this year at the trade deadline

- Buck being promoted to GM

- Tillman pitching another MLB inning for the Orioles

42 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

We could certainly send Brach, Britton , or another reliever in the deal.

The Dodger bullpen is bad enough as is. No reason to add two pitchers that were good/great 2 years ago to the Dodger mess. 2B is also a huge hole. That’s why if the Dodgers have one big package to offer in trade it probably goes for Iglesias/Gannett from the Reds or Treinan/Lowrie from the A’s. I can actually see the latter as the two FO’s have come together on recent trades (Rich Hill). 

8 minutes ago, Hotdiggity said:

The Dodger bullpen is bad enough as is. No reason to add two pitchers that were good/great 2 years ago to the Dodger mess. 2B is also a huge hole. That’s why if the Dodgers have one big package to offer in trade it probably goes for Iglesias/Gannett from the Reds or Treinan/Lowrie from the A’s. I can actually see the latter as the two FO’s have come together on recent trades (Rich Hill). 

Manny is the big chip and I’m not creating interest as they are rumored to be the favorite to land Manny. You could argue they have other holes but it’s up to them. 

Yeah hard to be excited about any of the Orioles relievers. Hopefully we can get someone hot or healthy enough to be attractive. I was hoping one of those guys or O’Day.

the Orioles bullpen that was a huge strength a few seasons ago has really fallen hard. 

Almost to the point where I predict we resign Britton 

10 minutes ago, Hotdiggity said:

Maybe Manny and Schoop should be the deal. 

3 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

Sure, since they really could use another bad reliever. 

Sure ... despite some struggles as closer Brachs numbers aren’t bad and neither are Castro’s. It’s a shame ODay is injured with any luck he’s healthy and effective as the deadline gets closer.

i don’t think you trade Manny in a package and the Orioles are never creative enough to deal more with than 1 player at a time.

6 hours ago, Hotdiggity said:

The Dodger bullpen gave up 10 runs (not a misprint) in the span of 2.1 innings to the Cubs today. How’s Machado’s curveball?

That's not entirely fair.  The Dodgers decided to piggyback Kershaw and Buehler, both coming off the DL.  The first batch of runs was given up by Buehler in one inning of his 'rehab' start.

I think we root for the dumbest franchise in the major league at the moment. It's unbelievable that Manny is still on this roster - literally beyond belief. Every game he plays risks injury where we end up with nothing. It's too infuriating to even think about. 

24 minutes ago, cridolphi said:

That's not entirely fair.  The Dodgers decided to piggyback Kershaw and Buehler, both coming off the DL.  The first batch of runs was given up by Buehler in one inning of his 'rehab' start.

You are correct that it’s not “entirely” on Buehler, but the 8 inherited and charged runs by Goeddel and others doesn’t make it much better. Combine that with Tuesday night’s faltering and other slips by the shaky, and it’s a bad hole. The Dodgers have hit a ballclub record 53 home runs this month (with 3 more games to play). 53 home runs hides a faltering pen very well. Machado is an all-world talent, but in October, wins and losses hinge on players that have been more reliable than anybody in the O’s pen this year. JMO

Archived