Unlikely Trade Candidates

Aristotelian

17 minutes ago, wildbillhiccup said:

There's zero chance they trade Bundy or Gausman. Schoop and Givens won't be traded either. Not now at least. 

I agree because this FO is not very forward thinking.  But, it doesn't change the fact they should.  None of them will be a part of the next contending Orioles team. 

3 minutes ago, awannabegeek said:

I agree because this FO is not very forward thinking.  But, it doesn't change the fact they should.  None of them will be a part of the next contending Orioles team. 

Those Orioles may be zygotes at this point.... but I digress.

13 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Those Orioles may be zygotes at this point.... but I digress.

Lol..I'd like to think even with Yankees being a juggernaut into the foreseeable future, that the second wild card will be attainable. I think the Red Sox will be a juggernaut for the next couple of years, but they've gutted their farm system and have become a lot less analytical.

I hope this isn't another 14 years of futility, I don't think I can do it again. 

37 minutes ago, wildbillhiccup said:

I don't see any team committing to Trumbo as a full time outfielder. And Khris Davis isn't going anywhere...

The more I look at the contenders, I think you're right. And even though his contract is intuitively reasonable for a 1B/DH, most of the contenders are already set. We just may be stuck with him for another year.

4 hours ago, Aristotelian said:

Obviously the focus is on Manny and there are threads on Britton and Jones. I am curious to hear thoughts on any more unlikely candidates.

Trumbo has hit decently and has a reasonable contract. If O's threw in some money they might find a buyer. Who would take him?

There has been some suggestion of Valencia. Would be the market for him? What about Gentry?

There has been some talk of interest in Givens, but what about Brach?

Any buyers for Cashner?

What if the O's go for full rebuild. Any chance we move to trade Schoop, Gausman, Beckham, or Givens?

I think you have to build around SOMETHING, right? I would put Gausman and Bundy on the no-touch list for now. Gausman, Bundy and Cobb could develop into an excellent TOR. 

But Trumbo? Yes, please trade him. He's a nice player, but he's got that "glorified DH" feel to him. We already have a bunch of those guys... so let's trade as many as we can. 

Speaking of which... 

I know this can't happen, so it's just a thought exercise. But I would be willing to trade Manny and Chris Davis for nothing in return, at this point. I think that'd do more to get your rebuild going than anything. Davis's contract will make even LESS sense the moment we trade away Manny et al. It's going to weigh even heavier -- not just because of the cash outlay, but because it complicates the development of multiple young players and impedes our return to glory. 

Archived