John Angelos and Adam Jones dined, discussed Orioles and the community of Baltimore's future

Greg Pappas

20 minutes ago, NashLumber said:

How about The Who’s “Substitute” as a promo:

You think we look pretty good together

Let’s play someone who can flash the leather

I’m a substitute for another guy

I’m not that tall,  I’m 5’9”

The simple thing’s the way, it’s not complicated

I look pretty young, but I’m underrated, yeah

Substitute, Diaz for Jones

Substitute Trumbo’s achy bones

Mountcastle, Stewart, Bannon, Hays   

Mullins’ here to lead the way

What a great band The Who were. 

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like Jones.  I'd rather have him back than some stopgap Seth Smith type.  I am assuming that none of our OF prospects will be ready for opening day 2019.  

Wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if he came back.  Now, if Hays or Diaz is raking by June and deserves a call up, they'd need to trade him.   In other words I don't mind if he's back, but not for a full year.  

3 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I like Jones.  I'd rather have him back than some stopgap Seth Smith type.  I am assuming that none of our OF prospects will be ready for opening day 2019.  

Wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if he came back.  Now, if Hays or Diaz is raking by June and deserves a call up, they'd need to trade him.   In other words I don't mind if he's back, but not for a full year.  

He'd still be able to refuse a trade.

6 hours ago, wildcard said:

not the head.

He says that having Jones return in 2019 makes sense.   But seeing the O's trade Gausman in a salary dump for next to nothing says otherwise.   The O's are not going to be a winning team anytime soon.   To spend money on Jones would be a turn in the opposite direction from where the rebuild is headed.

Rich uses the Buck quote of  "If not Jones who?"    And if the intent was to win now, he might have a point.  But instead we probably see an outfield to start 2019 on Mancini, Mullins and Rickard, while the O's wait for Hays and Diaz to become their long term outfield answers.

https://www.baltimorebaseball.com/2018/09/05/jones-return-orioles-2019-seems-make-sense/

I'll call you on this in a few seasons. 

*sigh*

I've enjoyed rooting for Adam for the last 10 years.  I wish him well, and I'd absolutely love to see him somehow end up on a team that wins the WS.  Having said that, the O's re-signing him makes no sense for either party.  It sucks, I'd much rather seem him ride off into the sunset of retirement on a winning team, or even a championship team, but unfortunately in pro sports that is very, very rare.

Just.  Say.  No. 

2 minutes ago, esmd said:

*sigh*

I've enjoyed rooting for Adam for the last 10 years.  I wish him well, and I'd absolutely love to see him somehow end up on a team that wins the WS.  Having said that, the O's re-signing him makes no sense for either party.  It sucks, I'd much rather seem him ride off into the sunset of retirement on a winning team, or even a championship team, but unfortunately in pro sports that is very, very rare.

Just.  Say.  No. 

Adam has been a breath of fresh air here, different than most ball players. Available to Social Media, and enjoying the banter back and forth with the public.

52 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I'll take Mancini, Mullins and Rickard with Yaz to back them up until Hays and/or Diaz are ready.   Yaz hit 290/378/489/867 at AAA away from Harbor Park this season.   I hope to see him in ST next spring if they don't promote him this Sept.

Just now, wildcard said:

I'll take Mancini, Mullins and Rickard with Yaz to back then up until Hays and/or Diaz are ready.   Yaz hit 290/378/489/867 at AAA away from Harbor Park this season.   I hope to see him in ST next spring if they don't promote him this Sept.

I love YAZ, I really do. feel in love with his play at Bowie.

But, everything I have heard, some are not even sure, his game will play at the major league level.

Archived