How do you rate the return on the Britton trade?

Frobby

How do you rate the return on the Britton trade  

222 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate the return for Britton?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/31/18 at 06:54

On 7/25/2018 at 4:35 PM, Hank Scorpio said:

When you have talented players available with 2 years of service time before free agency, any time is prime time.

The why did you state that the winter is "prime time?"

I am for trading now or in the winter, both. But teams get more in return in the summer when teams are clamoring to bolster their rosters to make a run at the World Series.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been watching Josh Rogers video, I don't see much there. Maybe he can be a LOOGY in a bullpen role, but I just don't see how he's going to get enough MLB hitters out as a starter. He doesn't miss any bats and his command is good not great. 

I think if the Orioles need an additional starter this year, I'd go Means before Rogers. 

29 minutes ago, Beef Supreme said:

The why did you state that the winter is "prime time?"

I am for trading now or in the winter, both. But teams get more in return in the summer when teams are clamoring to bolster their rosters to make a run at the World Series.

I don't think it matters when you trade someone when they're that talented and they've got 2 years of service time left.

I get what you're saying, there's a perception of more defined "need" mid-season. But when you've got that much time, anytime is prime time, homie!!!!!!!!

On 7/25/2018 at 12:57 PM, Luke-OH said:

I haven’t got to 2018 game video yet, but watching some 2017 AFL footage, Carroll looks like a heck of a second piece. Premium stuff, double plus FB, plus breaking ball, some deception. He’s a better athlete than I’d have guessed too and there may be more command in the future even though he’s not particularly young.

Also hides the ball well against right-handed hitters. Both impressive and dismaying in the second clip how bad he makes the supposed gem of a future outfielder/leadoff hitter we got in the Manny trade look.

2 minutes ago, LA2 said:

Also hides the ball well against right-handed hitters. Both impressive and dismaying in the second clip how bad he makes the supposed gem of a future outfielder/leadoff hitter we got in the Manny trade look.

On 7/24/2018 at 11:25 PM, atomic said:

Disappointing return for a guy who was best reliever in baseball for two straight seasons who seemed to have regained his stuff and was pitching well.  If we waited and Britton continued to pitch well we would have gotten more.  And to the Yankees just rubs salt in the wounds. Plus these guys are old for their levels.  Sorry don't see this trade as a positive at all. 

Bad Take Bump

britton.png

• 3 weeks later...
Just now, Frobby said:

Interesting grammar.    So Tommy John was the player who stopped the Britton deal?

Actually, it was the Angelos family physical, reminded of Tommy John. Or rather as we have learned, simple the exchange of medicals on the future Tommy John surgery victim that triggered Britton to be traded for folks that had less indication of that in their future.

But as you know, grammar can make a world of difference. 

4 minutes ago, weams said:

Actually, it was the Angelos family physical, reminded of Tommy John. Or rather as we have learned, simple the exchange of medicals on the future Tommy John surgery victim that triggered Britton to be traded for folks that had less indication of that in their future.

But as you know, grammar can make a world of difference. 

Yes, me know.

Archived