Brewers- It's On

section18

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, bpilktree67 said:

If that Braves trade is ever offered we need to make that deal as fast as possible.  Heck give me two of the three and i'd make that trade.  

Right? Even if it was just Allard and Wentz who are projected to be no 3 starters at best they are both mlb ready and the Orioles basically rebuilt their rotation for the next six years with one trade. If they somehow got Toussaint too DD would be a genius. Which is why I thought its a bit far fetched. 

6 minutes ago, bpilktree67 said:

Sounds like Happ is going to the Yankees so one less starter on the market for teams like the Brewers, Rockies, and Braves.

And Hamels is close to going to the cubs. If the mets don't trade any of their guys, Gausman might be the best guy left on the market. Even Cashner might fetch a decent return. 

Side note: The Yanks gave up nothing for Happ, Brandon Drury and their #20 OF prospect who has no mlb spot. I feel like the Orioles return for Britton is better.. 

2 hours ago, Dipper9 said:

Weams, correct me if I'm wrong, this is a legit question, but isn't Camden Depot just like us, or are they a legit source of things?  

Camden Depot is just a third party website run by a couple of guys who have some degree of analytical chops and who like the Orioles.    They’ve announced they’re shutting down at the end of this season, BTW.

25 minutes ago, Lucky_13 said:

And Hamels is close to going to the cubs. If the mets don't trade any of their guys, Gausman might be the best guy left on the market. Even Cashner might fetch a decent return. 

Side note: The Yanks gave up nothing for Happ, Brandon Drury and their #20 OF prospect who has no mlb spot. I feel like the Orioles return for Britton is better.. 

I was surprised by this at first, but Happ is a pure rental and he's not having a great season.  

2 minutes ago, Three Run Homer said:

I was surprised by this at first, but Happ is a pure rental and he's not having a great season.  

yeah but he has been great against the Sox over last 4 years.  If they win Wild card may see them in first series and may use him because of past numbers vs them.

54 minutes ago, orioles22 said:

Speaking of the Rockies, what happened to the thread on Rogers for Gausman? I was hoping we could get a big-time prospect once instead of several ranked lower in the system.

That is what I think too. If you can get Rogers and a lottery ticket, I am all in.

2 minutes ago, Lucky_13 said:

The dominoes continuing to fall. 

I gotta think Gausman could get a better return than the guy who used to be Cole Hamels.

But maybe that's part of it.  I mean, maybe a team like the Cubs knows that they'd have to give up a lot of top tier talent to get a guy like Gausman and they'd rather give less and get a guy like Hamels.

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

I gotta think Gausman could get a better return than the guy who used to be Cole Hamels.

But maybe that's part of it.  I mean, maybe a team like the Cubs knows that they'd have to give up a lot of top tier talent to get a guy like Gausman and they'd rather give less and get a guy like Hamels.

I think that's why the Rockies make so much sense. It seems like they would be more inclined to trade for a good, relatively young pitcher under team control for a few years since no pitching free agents want to sign with them. If they trade Rodgers they can resign Lemahieu or sign someone else to play 2b, but I'm not sure they can do the same with pitching. 

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

Camden Depot is just a third party website run by a couple of guys who have some degree of analytical chops and who like the Orioles.    They’ve announced they’re shutting down at the end of this season, BTW.

Well, that underspeaks to what we are.

Yeah, that would be accurate about ten years ago, but by doing this for a dozen years your buddies get into front offices and my writers, too.

I am always a bit astounded why we get under your skin so much, but, yes, we are am amateur site just like the news expressed via Orioles Hangout. We know scouts. We know front office people. We know players. etc. I am not in the business of dealing scoops. I sometimes note things that help with process and I try to be as transparent as possible. Just like the folks behind Orioles Hangout.

If you all have a question about whether something is my own ideas or something more grounded than that I am easy to reach. There is a website. There is a twitter handle. Or you all can just talk to each other here and maybe someone tells me that is happening. Then I can help, but it is possible that you do not want that.  Eh.

4 minutes ago, jsbearr said:

Well, that underspeaks to what we are.

Yeah, that would be accurate about ten years ago, but by doing this for a dozen years your buddies get into front offices and my writers, too.

I am always a bit astounded why we get under your skin so much, but, yes, we are am amateur site just like the news expressed via Orioles Hangout. We know scouts. We know front office people. We know players. etc. I am not in the business of dealing scoops. I sometimes note things that help with process and I try to be as transparent as possible. Just like the folks behind Orioles Hangout.

If you all have a question about whether something is my own ideas or something more grounded than that I am easy to reach. There is a website. There is a twitter handle. Or you all can just talk to each other here and maybe someone tells me that is happening. Then I can help, but it is possible that you do not want that.  Eh.

You don't get under my skin. At least not yet. 

:skeletor:

Archived