Grade the Gausman Deal

Frobby

Grade the Gausman Deal  

187 members have voted

1. 1. What’s your grade for the Gausman deal

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/11/18 at 01:24

58 minutes ago, 24fps said:

It's official then.  The trifecta of suck.

Gausman deal is now officially a train wreck, but most of us knew that. If DD has stayed, he might have gotten some of these guys IMO. 

For me, there is zero reason to follow this team without a change in ownership. The fact that Brady is still here is all you need to know.

They need to hire Kim Ng and let Brady go. She is qualified and it will give us some good press. It would be a bright spot in a very dark year. 

11 minutes ago, Rene88 said:

Gausman deal is now officially a train wreck, but most of us knew that. If DD has stayed, he might have gotten some of these guys IMO. 

For me, there is zero reason to follow this team without a change in ownership. The fact that Brady is still here is all you need to know.

They need to hire Kim Ng and let Brady go. She is qualified and it will give us some good press. It would be a bright spot in a very dark year. 

I think the O's are getting new ownership.   We haven't even seem what they can do yet.

Ng has some good experience.  I just don't think she is as qualified to do a rebuild as some of the other candidates.   Maybe in another role other than GM.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Rene88 said:

Good point on DD. If he was still around he would have  been more likely to go all in on either the Mesas or Gaston to justify the trades he made. And I'm sure ownership will be quick to throw him under the bus if the moves / lack of international signings is questioned. Same old thing. No one on this train wreck of a team is ever held accountable for anything. 

I agree on Kim Ng. Hire her and fire Brady and it might give me a glimmer of hope. 

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, Rene88 said:

2 minutes ago, wildbillhiccup said:

I agree on Kim Ng. Hire her and fire Brady and it might give me a glimmer of hope. 

Hire the best candidate, but don't let the press make the decision for you.  Nobody in the press going to show the Orioles any mercy for losing and say, "Well, at least they hired a woman."  All that matters is winning.   There isn't a single person in the press that I'd trust to make this decision.

Good press?
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTKTwnDdyxHf2fVEbmO4pX

That's for @Moose Milligan ?

7 minutes ago, wildcard said:

I think the O's are getting new ownership.   We haven't even seem what they can do yet.

Ng has some good experience.  I just don't think she is as qualified to do a rebuild as some of the other candidates.   Maybe in another role other than GM.

If you hire Ng you also need to hire a head of baseball operations.  The best news would be the Orioles get sold in the next 30 days.  

We're looking at this trade as fans and not as management.  If a major reason for the trade was to shed salary, both Gausman's and O'Days, it was a success.  

I don't like it now that they've failed to acquire any high ceiling international talent (believe I gave it a C at the time), but I am intrigued by Encarnacion and at least interested in Zimmerman.  Phillips was a major disappointment and I really don't know what to make of Cumberland.

1 minute ago, NCRaven said:

We're looking at this trade as fans and not as management.  If a major reason for the trade was to shed salary, both Gausman's and O'Days, it was a success.  

I don't like it now that they've failed to acquire any high ceiling international talent (believe I gave it a C at the time), but I am intrigued by Encarnacion and at least interested in Zimmerman.  Phillips was a major disappointment and I really don't know what to make of Cumberland.

Not a great trade, but not the F or below that some posters are itchin about.

22 minutes ago, TonySoprano said:

Hire the best candidate, but don't let the press make the decision for you.  Nobody in the press going to show the Orioles any mercy for losing and say, "Well, at least they hired a woman."  All that matters is winning.   There isn't a single person in the press that I'd trust to make this decision.

Good press?
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTKTwnDdyxHf2fVEbmO4pX

That's for @Moose Milligan ?

I know were your politics are and don’t like them so don’t bring that bs here. She is qualified, there have been numerous articles written on this topic. 

She is more than qualified.