Greg Pappas

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, weams said:

I think it will be a pitcher at 1:1

I will throw up, not figuratively. 

4 hours ago, Flacco Machado said:

I like him. But, I don't like reading a move to CF, is possible. With a Dee Gordon career path. 

Move to CF would show his athletic ability. I would rather have Dee Gordon than Adam Loewen.

The Os have had one overall #1 pick in the last 53 years, Ben McDonald in 1989. 

The Astros had 3 in a row(last one didn’t sign), I don’t see the Os getting two in a row at the most. 

2 hours ago, Flacco Machado said:

I like him. But, I don't like reading a move to CF, is possible. With a Dee Gordon career path. 

And I’m sorry, your scouting of prospects is not good. You have shown that over and over again. You should garner your opinions either on video, a collection of more than one opinion or just wait until they are in the mlb before forming your opinions. No offense, but you clearly read an opinion of one person and mirror it instead of watching video and several reports before coming to your own conclusions. 

He has the athletic ability to move to other positions, but I just think he is raw talent, which is typical of a high school kid.  I would say that I comp him similar to Correa at the same age. I remember the 2012 draft and I know that I said then that I would take Correa number one then. I’m sure someone can and will fact check me. 

I just hope between now and the 2019 draft that a true, consensus #1 emerges.  Because as happy as I have been with the Orioles in their recent scouting and signing efforts in the international market, I still don't trust them to draft well.  So if there's someone everyone can agree that's #1, I hope that takes some of the guesswork out of it for the Orioles.  They need all the help they can get.

With the way the slotting system works, the Orioles best bet is to negotiate with a few different players and see who will sign for $1.5 million or so under slot, allowing them to sign several under slot players later in the draft. With slot value decreasing by more than two million between pick 1 and 5, the biggest advantage of picking first is the increased slot value, not the pick itself.

4 minutes ago, sevastras said:

And I’m sorry, your scouting of prospects is not good. You have shown that over and over again. You should garner your opinions either on video, a collection of more than one opinion or just wait until they are in the mlb before forming your opinions. No offense, but you clearly read an opinion of one person and mirror it instead of watching video and several reports before coming to your own conclusions. 

He has the athletic ability to move to other positions, but I just think he is raw talent, which is typical of a high school kid.  I would say that I comp him similar to Correa at the same age. I remember the 2012 draft and I know that I said then that I would take Correa number one then. I’m sure someone can and will fact check me. 

What the hell? Geez, man.

I'm a fan and by no means claim to be an expert or a scout. Thanks, for the advice.

16 minutes ago, Flacco Machado said:

What the hell? Geez, man.

I'm a fan and by no means claim to be an expert or a scout. Thanks, for the advice.

Probably too hard on you, I just hate Flacco and am overly critical of you as a result. All I am really trying to say is don’t parrot one persons opinion of Abrams, and watch some video and form your own opinion. Then again, I can respect that people aren’t going to waste time watching video when real life is more important.  I was out of line. 

2 minutes ago, sevastras said:

Probably too hard on you, I just hate Flacco and am overly critical of you as a result. All I am really trying to say is don’t parrot one persons opinion of Abrams, and watch some video and form your own opinion. Then again, I can respect that people aren’t going to waste time watching video when real life is more important.  I was out of line. 

Fair enough. I will. We are good. Thank you.

This season, has put us all on edge. 

Archived