I am 110% behind rebuild but I’d love to have Schoop back!

Rene88

Gary Thorne said Brewers thinking of flipping him at deadline. I’d love to have him back and extend him on the cheap! Love me some Schoop!

I know it’s u likely bc DD isn’t exactly a sentimental guy but man oh man would that be buying low and I would be all for it. Even if we do t extend him...

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He has really struggled there in Milwaukee and been on the bench fair amount.  He always seemed like a guy that loved playing here and enjoyed the game.  He gets traded and now has a entire new group and struggling.  Sometimes there lot more involved in how you play.  

12 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

I spoke to Schoop in LA after the trade. He was surprised that he was traded for, among others, a player who plays infield who is older than he is. I told him it was also about money.I also think the Orioles were fleeced in the deal. I'd LOVE to have him back.Hes the kind of player you can build your franchise around.

Funny, I see that trade as pretty lopsided in our favor.   Schoop’s a bit better than Villar, but it’s not drastic and Villar is under control for an extra year.   Meanwhile, we got two prospects to go along with it: one pitcher who was having pretty good success in AA and has looked good in three AAA starts with us, and an interesting 18 year old SS who’s already playing pretty well in short season A ball.    Seems like a great trade to me.

5 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

I spoke to Schoop in LA after the trade. He was surprised that he was traded for, among others, a player who plays infield who is older than he is. I told him it was also about money.I also think the Orioles were fleeced in the deal. I'd LOVE to have him back.Hes the kind of player you can build your franchise around.

I don’t see how he was surprised middle infield is a position we don’t have much in prospects ready and Villar gives us a guy for few years to play there.  I expect they keep him here a year then try to move him.   I still would love to bring him back but understand why they moved him.  I don’t know though if they may have burnt some bridges in trading him.  I don’t see how we got fleeced we traded him with year and half left which is good time to move guy and got a nice infielder with extra year.  I higher end prospect at one time with some injury issues that has hurt his prospect status and a young infielder with big time ceiling. Those two have higher ceiling then anything we got back in other trades.  Diaz is nice piece but he was only high ceiling guy in that trade.  

1 hour ago, Rene88 said:

Gary Thorne said Brewers thinking of flipping him at deadline. I’d love to have him back and extend him on the cheap! Love me some Schoop!

I know it’s u likely bc DD isn’t exactly a sentimental guy but man oh man would that be buying low and I would be all for it. Even if we do t extend him...

Ehh if we want him back, which I personally don't (Low OBP, all or nothing approach, likely to decline defensively and move to 3B) I don't see any reason to give up prospects for him.  We could re-sign him when he's a FA next winter.  I love the guy, but I think we're better off without him.  Unless we could trade Cobb for him...

9 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

I feel for him, it's gotta hurt to be traded from the only franchise you've known.  But I don't think we got fleeced in that deal by any means.  Carmona has considerable upside at a premium position, Villar is playing better than Schoop and is cheaper and has an extra year of control, and Luis Ortiz should at least be a contributor out of the bullpen.  I like Schoop too, but objectively it look like a good trade right now.

1 hour ago, Rene88 said:

I am sorry but i am happy with the man playing second. I wish Schoop success but not back with the O's. 

3 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Funny, I see that trade as pretty lopsided in our favor.   Schoop’s a bit better than Villar, but it’s not drastic and Villar is under control for an extra year.   Meanwhile, we got two prospects to go along with it: one pitcher who was having pretty good success in AA and has looked good in three AAA starts with us, and an interesting 18 year old SS who’s already playing pretty well in short season A ball.    Seems like a great trade to me.

Dont want him back..Hits homer's and does not wslk.Low .OBP and limited range and a strong arm but slow.If he wasn't a former Oriole and looked at his stats would you want him?

13 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I agree with you.

4 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

Dont want him back..Hits homer's and does not wslk.Low .OBP and limited range and a strong arm but slow.If he wasn't a former Oriole and looked at his stats would you want him?

He’s a good player.   Capable of being an all star like last year, capable of being a below average starter like this year.    On balance, I like him to put up 7-8 WAR the next 3 years.    Not sure he fits for us now that they’re rebuilding. 

I like Viilar because we needed to get a lot more athletic, and with he and Mullins on the field we actually can steal some bases and make things happen.  Plsu we got 2 more prospects.  I was initially disappointed by the return, but not too mad.  If we are far enough along in winter 2019, sing him back.

Archived