I am 110% behind rebuild but I’d love to have Schoop back!

Rene88

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, atomic said:

I don't see any reason to bring Schoop back. He skipped fanfest for the 2nd time in 3 y ears.  Clearly he didn't want to be here.   Let him try and catch on with another team. If the Brewers don't offer him arbitration he can go to any team he wants.  Someone will pick him up.  The people who own 10 percent of his future salary are likely to be disappointed with how much salary he is making but they gambled and lost. 

Ridiculous in my opinion to not want a guy here because he missed fanfest. Also ridiculous to come to the conclusion that he "clearly didnt want to be here" because he missed fanfest. Every indication that I've ever seen is that Schoop loved playing for the Orioles and loved his teammates. 

8 minutes ago, terpoh said:

Ridiculous in my opinion to not want a guy here because he missed fanfest. Also ridiculous to come to the conclusion that he "clearly didnt want to be here" because he missed fanfest. Every indication that I've ever seen is that Schoop loved playing for the Orioles and loved his teammates. 

I am keeping a tally of who will be at fan fest next year and who will not be.  Those who will be there will be deemed as saintly Orioles who want to be in Baltimore and play for the team.  Those players who are not there will be deemed shady, deceitful and conniving and will be looked upon as potential traitors.  

6 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I am keeping a tally of who will be at fan fest next year and who will not be.  Those who will be there will be deemed as saintly Orioles who want to be in Baltimore and play for the team.  Those players who are not there will be deemed shady, deceitful and conniving and will be looked upon as potential traitors.  

Well, Davis missed Fanfest and so did Britton. How has this season worked for them? ?

1 hour ago, Moose Milligan said:

Lmao, Schoop has a death in the family and @atomic is holding it against him for missing FanFest.

You could hit 35 homers with a .400 OBP and if you miss FanFest it's the kiss of death!

Last year was a death in the family but this year was because of contract issues and advice from his agent, as far as we can tell. Important not to muddle the two.

1 hour ago, Moose Milligan said:

Lmao, Schoop has a death in the family and @atomic is holding it against him for missing FanFest.

You could hit 35 homers with a .400 OBP and if you miss FanFest it's the kiss of death!

Death in the family obviously is a good excuse, but if you’ve missed it, you ought to make an extra effort to be sure you’re there the next year unless there’s a super compelling reason to miss it, which there wasn’t.   

That said, Schoop gave 100% effort on the field and was clearly a very good teammate.   His Fanfest debacle is very minor in the grand scheme of things.

Archived