Cobb & Cashner Clear Waivers

Greg Pappas

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

You know I don't do well with sarcasm.

It doesn’t come from wildcard very often, so it’s not a surprise you missed it.

But in all honesty, I could have seen a scenario where Sisco wasn’t recalled.   Sisco was hitting .148/.227/.227 from the second time he was sent down on July 1 until August 14.    If something like that had continued through the end of Norfolk’s season, the O’s might have concluded that the best thing was to send him home to regroup, and recall him only if Joseph or Wynns got hurt.   I don’t think it’s that likely that this would have occurred even if Sisco’s slump had continued, but it wouldn’t have shocked me, either.

5 minutes ago, Frobby said:

But in all honesty, I could have seen a scenario where Sisco wasn’t recalled.   Sisco was hitting .148/.227/.227 from the second time he was sent down on July 1 until August 14.    If something like that had continued through the end of Norfolk’s season, the O’s might have concluded that the best thing was to send him home to regroup, and recall him only if Joseph or Wynns got hurt.   I don’t think it’s that likely that this would have occurred even if Sisco’s slump had continued, but it wouldn’t have shocked me, either.

Even if he wasn't brought up to actually play I don't see them adding a catcher to the 40 or running with two catchers with the expanded roster.

And yes sarcasm is not generally something WC uses.

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

I can't remember the last time the O's didn't add a 3rd catcher in Sept.   But of course my memory is not what it used to be.

Archived