DJ Stewart and Carroll are called up

eddie83

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, SteveA said:

I think Buck will manage the series vs contenders (Oakland, Yankees, and Houston if they haven't clinched by then) more than the meaningless games (White Sox, Blue Jays, and assuming Red Sox will have clinched #1 across the board by the time we play them).

He'll use proven ML guys like Jones, Rickard (I know, don't laugh) vs the contenders and the Andreoli's and Stewarts and Ortiz will go in the meaningless games.

The 2018 Orioles staying competitive is an oxymoron. Good grief.  

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

Because he doesn't want him up but can't complain about him sitting.

I don't see the problem with him playing, what's the worst that can happen, the Orioles lose a game?  ?

He is here. He should play.  Looks like tomorrow and vs a contender!!!!

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Buck doesn't want to lay down versus teams jockeying for playoff seeding.

I say do what is best for your team.

Of course he should do what is best for team. Hell NFL teams in a 16 game season get gift wins all the time at the end of the year which impacts the playoffs.  

It would be one thing if someone like Manny was still here and being benched   

3 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

I still also believe they should check on Little Yaz. If they can give Andreoli a look and then a struggling Stewart, along with Corban Joseph getting some time in Baltimore, they can give it to him too. 

If they were going to bring up Yaz he would be here instead of Stewart.  

4 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

I still also believe they should check on Little Yaz. If they can give Andreoli a look and then a struggling Stewart, along with Corban Joseph getting some time in Baltimore, they can give it to him too. 

Stewart is much more of a prospect than little Yaz.

I don't get Andreoli.

10 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I don't get Andreoli.

Out of the 3 of them, I'd rather see Andreoli.  He's not a prospect, but he's the one of them that has tools - speed and defense, and the baseball gods know our pitchers need all the defense they can get.  And he's probably a little better hitter than the other 2.  Stewart's the youngest, but I don't see enough upside to call him a prospect.   

33 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I don't get Andreoli.

Andreoli at least has speed. Yaz doesn't have a plus major league tool. That said, Andreoli is an up down outfielder for me. He's not a solution to anything.

Archived