DJ Stewart and Carroll are called up

eddie83

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, webbrick2010 said:

The O's tried to give a veteran player his likely last chance at playing in the playoffs. AJ turned it down for reason only he understands and he will most likely regret for the rest of his life. He will be lucky to get a ML contract next year. He is basically a .700 OPS DH. Worked out well for Joey Bats, he should send AJ a big thank you.

I doubt AJ will regret it for a single second of the rest of his life.

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

I know folks have been against Stewart since he was drafted but this is just silly.

He needs to be put on the 40 during the offseason anyway.  There is no harm in promoting him during this lost season.  To hear you all talk you would think they were promoting Billy Rowell from A ball.

He NEEDS to be put on the 40 man during the offseason?  I haven't been against him since he's been drafted but pretending he's not a JAG is silly.  I'm firmly convinced the only reason he's getting any kind of a look is because of his draft status.  If he was a 10th round pick there's no chance he's on the team today.

It's funny you bring up Billy Rowell, that's exactly who he's hit like for the past stretch as @wildcard noted.  I'm not even exaggerating.

25 minutes ago, Ruzious said:

A legitimate prospect - not a great one but certainly legit.  Curious as to why you would ask here.

Because Sisco is just a year younger than Stewart, put up much worse numbers and is sub par defensively at his position. Yet you think one is a legitimate prospects and the other is not. I just find it interesting how people view things.

Archived